I've Never Been So Happy To See A Jets Season End

SoFlaJets

It's a team game and it's pretty short-sighted to blame the defense for the offense's utter failings. The Jets had 126 points allowed off turnovers. That's horrendous. How you could possibly think the defense is more to blame than our offense for the failings is beyond me.

Cause there's no depth of analysis, same type of person whose first response to sanchez criticism is 2 afc championships...

the defense was fine, the offense was the problem

we had multiple problems this year -right from the head coach down to the players. First thing to do is get rid of malcontents and underachievers- bye Santonio and Bart Scott as two examples in players

I woke up this morning actually pissed that our season was over. I <3 Football. Especially Jets Football. Seeing Green and White on Sunday warms my heart win or lose. Now I have to wait 9 months to see it again. Sucks.

As much doom and gloom as I talk about, we controlled our own destiny in week 16. Its really not that bad. This team under achieved. The reason why this season is pissing people off so bad is because the expectations were so high. There was a reason for that.

You cant expect to for the Jets to pull off miracles year after year. Some of the games that went our way last year, went other way this year. Happens. I'm not happy the season is over, I wish we had a couple of more Jets games to watch, but I'm still hopeful, I still believe Rex Ryan will turn it around.

The Jets are a revamped offense from being a contender year after year. I believe that. If Rex Ryan is going to outsource the offense, hire a former Ex HC who you dont have to look over his shoulder (even though it appears Rex doesnt even do that).

couple things, I think the team was overrated, in 2009 we really had no business being in the playoffs and it's quite possible last year that if Caldwell isn't a complete moron we get bumped week 1. Getting on little runs in the playoffs made this team appear a lot better then they were to casual fan. I don't think there'd be as much bravado if things worked out a little differently.

Also, i think this is a good team , with a really bad QB. These last 3 weeks have been terrible and it's clear that he needed some time off at a minimum. This is similiar to Houston and Bears, both good teams that when forced to receive below average QB play suddenly became losing teams. QB has always been the most important position on the field, and the nfl has tweaked the game to make that even more true in recently years

Lastly, i get what people are saying about not liking this team. If this was the pats or the dolphins lunkheads like Klacko would be besides themselves with outrage. At the end of the day, I don't think Rex's big talking does much on the field.But it's a pretty common reaction for people to want to see the braggart eat his words, and that does effect the fans. I was lmao last night about the epic failure of both ryan brothers this season, they are a punchline

The D hasnt been figured out, we dont have the exact personnel to execute it consistently and we had some injuries/attrition in the offseason. When the execution was there, the Jets were still giving teams a fit defensively. They were just on the field to much between 3 and outs and turnovers.

They have some holes to fill and should be able to this offseason but will be fine. The offense needs to be completely revamped.

Protections have caught up to rex's blitzes, in 2009 we regularly had free blitzers, that just doesn't happen anymore. We don't blitz like we used to either, partially cause it's not hitting home

Protections have caught up to rex's blitzes, in 2009 we regularly had free blitzers, that just doesn't happen anymore. We don't blitz like we used to either, partially cause it's not hitting home

Then how do you explain the sack numbers increasing both years since then?

Then how do you explain the sack numbers increasing both years since then?

the same way I'd explain completion % and rating going up? IN 2009 we had free blitzers and qb's were forced to throw ball away a ton, now we're dropping more people into coverage, resulting in more coverage sacks, but also more completions and overall a more successful pass attack against

The way WAY too many 3 and outs are what killed this team-the defense started to hate the offense and the offensive players started to really question the play calling and then the QB-we saw the 2011 Jets acting like the Yankees of Billy Martin and Reggie Jackson. have we EVER seen so many players fighting amongst themselves like we saw this year? Mulligan almost getting in a fight-the report of Sanchez and Scott telling each other to STFU and it ended with Holmes getting torn a new one by of all people Wayne Hunter-I never saw the Jets acting that way-we're talking 40+ years of watching this team and i saw things i never even considered could EVER happen. This team is a mess and it all starts today at 3:00 PM-we'll see how WOODY JOHNSON-and that's what this is all about today make no mistake about that addresses it.

It's a team game and it's pretty short-sighted to blame the defense for the offense's utter failings. The Jets had 126 points allowed off turnovers. That's horrendous. How you could possibly think the defense is more to blame than our offense for the failings is beyond me.

BOTH SIDES ARE TO BLAME! IM POINTING OUT FOR THE JN'ERS WHO ONLY BLAME SANCHIZE, SHOTTY, AND THE OFFENSE WHILE EXCUSING THE LOUSY DEFENSE. ARE PEOPLE SO BLIND ON WHAT THIS TEAM NEEDS TO DO? WE NEED A DOMINATING DEFENSE TO MAKE IT EASIER ON THE OFFENSE AND SANCHIZE. WE DIDNT HAVE IT, NOR DID WE HAVE A GOOD OFFENSE THIS YEAR. THIS ENTIRE TEAM FAILED EQUALLY.

4.5 decades? Really? I can think of many other seasons I wanted over before they even began. This season went down to the final 2 weeks basically, and even the final week although help was needed. I can remember many seasons being over before Thanksgiving Weekend.

Archived