Question about Santonios contract

Lego My Lageman

Can Woody open his magic wallet and make this go away if he wanted or will this be a huge cap hit reguardless. Is there a way to buy him out write a 12 million dollar check and be done? I like Holmes but his actions speak for themselves. Maybe going foward we are better off drafting couple WRS and a FA?

Can Woody open his magic wallet and make this go away if he wanted or will this be a huge cap hit reguardless. Is there a way to buy him out write a 12 million dollar check and be done? I like Holmes but his actions speak for themselves. Maybe going foward we are better off drafting couple WRS and a FA?

the only way the Jets could get rid of him at this point would be to trade him to a team that would be willing to take on that salary hit. Given the amount of guaranteed money here, along with Holmes' past and present behavior problems, I doubt there would be any bidders out there.

The Jets could also cut him but would be committed to pay at least a large portion of the contract (probably $6 million this year and next). So, the options with Holmes are limited, unfortunately.

I

I don’t like Holmes, and think it was a disaster signing him.

IMO he is a good WR, but is grossly over paid. Think the Jets signed him to give Sanchez some continuity with his WR’s. Edwards was just as big a jerk.

Instead of giving Sanchez some vet leadership, he is refusing to go to voluntary meetings wit the QB, and WR’s. Fighting with his team mates all season, then walking off the field.

I don’t think they can get out of his contract for the next two years with out taking a major cap hit. According to Jason's site, Like 8.5 million in 2012, and 8.7 in 2013.

We are stuck with him

Archived