Denver Airport taunts Steelers fans going home

shawn306

http://hamptonroads.com/2012/01/adding-insult-injury-steelers-fans-pittsburgh-mayor-tebows-airline-taunts-travelers

Adding insult to injury for Steelers fans: Pittsburgh mayor 'Tebows,' airline taunts travelers

Posted to: NFL

767271.jpg

767281.jpg

More fallout from the Broncos' 29-23 overtime playoff win over the Steelers: Pittsburgh Mayor Luke Ravenstahl has donned a Tim Tebow jersey and imitated the Denver quarterback by kneeling on one knee.

It was to settle a bet with Denver Mayor Michael Hancock. Had the Steelers won, Hancock would have worn a Steelers jersey and sported a Terrible Towel at a public event.

"This is not something I ever thought I'd have to do, and it's certainly not something I'm looking forward to," Ravenstahl said, according to KUSA-TV. "However, we're good sports here in Pittsburgh, and I want to congratulate Denver on a great win."

Steelers fans leaving Denver via United Airlines after Sunday's game had to suffer another indignity. And it's not that Terrible Towels had to be in checked baggage before boarding.

The flight board behind the counter contained the message "How 'bout that Tebow."

Archived