Joey Gathright

AFJF

Is a guy they Yankees should make a run at. He is hands down the FASTEST player in MLB and he can go get it in CF.

He was on base 66 times last season (.276 BA) and stole 20 bases. For anybody who has not seen this guy run, the closest thing I've ever seen to it in person was watching Deion round the bases for the Yankees when I was a kid.

He's a lefty bat who just needs to learn how to work the count. Not quite ready to be a LOH just yet but when I see that the Yankees are interested in acquiring Jason Michaels from the Phillies :shock: I want to puke.

Offer up a young arm like Henn to the D' Rays and get this guy. He's stuck behing Crawford and Baldelli so the D' Rays would like to move him.

In three minor league seasons Gathright has a .319 BA with 134 SB in 262 games.

Yes. This would be a good acquisition. And I know some people think Gathright is just a bench player or another Tony Womack but thats not true. Gathright has alot of potential as a hitter. He needs to work on alot of things, but if he puts it toegether he'll be a special player. If not, at least he'd be a decent centerfielder and a great pinch runner.

Archived