Right Tackle talk

Greenseed4

Tanny has said that Wayne Hunter will be the starter...

weeks prior, Tanny said Vlad would be "competing" solely at the RT position...

There are reports that we WILL NOT draft OL in the first several rounds of the draft...

and yet there are names getting tossed around free agency that I think we should look into.

-Kareem McKenzie, an 11-year veteran who spent four seasons with the Jets and seven with the Giants, won’t be spending a 12th year in New York.

Unless he returns to the Jets. [per PFT]

-The Baltimore Sun expects the Ravens to waive LT Bryant McKinnie if free agents Ben Grubbs and Matt Birk are retained this offseason.

McKinnie worked his way into playing shape last season, but was a liability in run blocking and finished as a below-average left tackle in Pro Football Focus' 2011 rankings. The Ravens have until March 18 to decide whether to pay McKinnie's $500,000 roster bonus. [per rotoworld]

-There's Anthony Collins, (6'5, 315) swing tackle for the Bengals. He is the 4th ranked Tackle in FA behind Jared Gaither, Demetrius Bell, and likely cap cut Levi Brown. This was written about him a year ago: [Collins is] "...a 25-year-old entering a contract season, Collins played only 281 snaps of offense in 2010. He started seven games the season prior, and according to Pro Football Focus allowed just six QB pressures all year." [rotoworld]

-Vernon Carey G/T is looking for a new home. He's 6'5, 340...has familiarity with Sparano and Googs, and would be a nice Damien Woody type of presence in the locker-room...if nothing else, he would be cheap, veteran depth.

Personally, I wouldn't touch McKenzie. Besides, I think he hates the Jets. But McKinnie at RT would be epic. Collins is pretty beastly, I think he could start for us, and has youth on his side. I like the idea of Carey on our roster (riding pine) just because he has experience at all of the interior positions and can play RT... on the cheap, and you just can't put a price on the lunch-pale/blue collar types.

We better draft one somewhere this year, period.

ive put Cordy Glenn to them in my mock before, and others are doing it too... it's a good mix between need and player value. Glenn could arguably contribute at 4 OL spots and it jives with the hiring of Tony Sparano as OC.

ive put Cordy Glenn to them in my mock before, and others are doing it too... it's a good mix between need and player value. Glenn could arguably contribute at 4 OL spots and it jives with the hiring of Tony Sparano as OC.

Love it hope it happens. Glenn is massive.

Archived