Tebow working out with throwing guru Tom House.

Villain The Foe

To be fair though, Sanchez was in his third season in one system with more talent around him. You don't disagree with that, do you?

I hate this thread. It turns me into a Tebow "fan" and I'm sure you and Bleedin' aren't the biggest Sanchez supporters.

Haha, won't really argue that, although I think a big difference is I'm not sure there's anybody in the world who blindly defends Sanchez to the extremes that those like Jet-T (and way too many more like him) do Tebow. Even if a person ever tried, there'd be dozens of people on this board tearing them a new one before I even got to read the post for the first time. Plus, I'll freely admit that I personally just don't like Tebow as a QB, have little to no faith in his ability, and that won't be changing until I see a very good reason for it to do so, on the field, during his time in green and white. That said, I don't expect everyone to agree with me on that, but what drives me nuts more than anything, and usually drags me into these things, is the way certain people approach their arguments.

You have people come up with these baseless, irrelevant, and/or factually inaccurate arguments which they then proceed to spend more time telling everyone how brilliant they are and stupid everyone else is (simply because others dare point out all of the fallacies in the argument) than actually providing any real justification for their position. What's really worst of all, these same people run and hide from any counterpoints that are brought up to their stances that they don't have an answer for, which pretty much tells you right there and then that even they must know they've been proven wrong on that point. Those are exactly the kinds of things that have lead to the two big arguments I've gotten into on these board over the past few days (just to be clear, I'm quite certainly not referring to you with any of this :-D). In those instances should I probably just ignore it and go about my day knowing the person in question is talking out of their ass? Sure, but where's the fun in that? :-P

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply
o be fair though, Sanchez was in his third season in one system with more talent around him. You don't disagree with that, do you?

In fairness, Tebow had over 900 pass attempts in college while Sanchez had just over 300. In fairness, Tebow sat on the bench and learned a little bit about the game before being thrown into the fire.

You also somehow have decided to leave Sanchez' 26 turnovers out of the equation but quote NET YARDS PER ATTEMPT like it's the bible.

I hate this thread. It turns me into a Tebow "fan" and I'm sure you and Bleedin' aren't the biggest Sanchez supporters.

I've already said that I'm not in love with Sanchez. He needs to do two things this season, statistically: up his completion percentage by about 5 points, and drop his turnovers by half. He does those two things, and the net yards per attempt will take care of itself.

And I only brought up that statistic because it tells a much truer picture of what happens every time each of these QBs steps back to pass, while the bullsh*t yards/comp stat only tells the story of 46.5% of Tebow's throws. That ny/a number tells us is that Tebow is incredibly inaccurate, but it also tells us he's indecisive. He has an improvisational, sandlot style of play that leads to him getting sacked at nearly twice the rate Sanchez did last year behind a troubling OL.

My deal with Sanchez is that the Jets already have a lot invested in him in draft picks, players, money, and time. They just extended him with a lot of guaranteed money that would make it difficult to unload him before 2014. I think he's the starter this year, all season, regardless of the Crusading Warrior backing him up. And I think he should be. I think he has talent, but that he hasn't put it together yet. I think his OC the last three years was an absolute sh*thead. He deserves a shot under Sparano, and Rex and Tanny have enough invested in him that I expect him to get at least that.

All this, and I think Tebow will get worse before he gets better. He was done an injustice in college when no one corrected his horrid mechanics, and now he's an older guy who needs to completely relearn how to throw a football. Making plays with your feet makes for a nice highlight reel, but when the reality is that it's resulting in you getting sacked twice as much as the other guy it's not very efficient.

In fairness, Tebow had over 900 pass attempts in college while Sanchez had just over 300. In fairness, Tebow sat on the bench and learned a little bit about the game before being thrown into the fire.

I've already said that I'm not in love with Sanchez. He needs to do two things this season, statistically: up his completion percentage by about 5 points, and drop his turnovers by half. He does those two things, and the net yards per attempt will take care of itself.

And I only brought up that statistic because it tells a much truer picture of what happens every time each of these QBs steps back to pass, while the bullsh*t yards/comp stat only tells the story of 46.5% of Tebow's throws. That ny/a number tells us is that Tebow is incredibly inaccurate, but it also tells us he's indecisive. He has an improvisational, sandlot style of play that leads to him getting sacked at nearly twice the rate Sanchez did last year behind a troubling OL.

My deal with Sanchez is that the Jets already have a lot invested in him in draft picks, players, money, and time. They just extended him with a lot of guaranteed money that would make it difficult to unload him before 2014. I think he's the starter this year, all season, regardless of the Crusading Warrior backing him up. And I think he should be. I think he has talent, but that he hasn't put it together yet. I think his OC the last three years was an absolute sh*thead. He deserves a shot under Sparano, and Rex and Tanny have enough invested in him that I expect him to get at least that.

All this, and I think Tebow will get worse before he gets better. He was done an injustice in college when no one corrected his horrid mechanics, and now he's an older guy who needs to completely relearn how to throw a football. Making plays with your feet makes for a nice highlight reel, but when the reality is that it's resulting in you getting sacked twice as much as the other guy it's not very efficient.

About the "in fairnesses". They would matter if we were comparing their rookie seasons. By the time a guys been in the NFL as a starter for almost every game, his college experience is really inconsequential. And around we go again.

About the "in fairnesses". They would matter if we were comparing their rookie seasons. By the time a guys been in the NFL as a starter for almost every game, his college experience is really inconsequential. And around we go again.

Thanks for ignoring 85% of that post.

QBs who come out as juniors always struggle more and longer than QBs who come out as seniors, and Sanchez was inexperienced by junior standards. QBs who have a chance to learn on the sidelines generally do better than those who get thrown right into the fire. Look it up.

And Tebow still can't complete 47% of his throws.

Thanks for ignoring 85% of that post.

QBs who come out as juniors always struggle more and longer than QBs who come out as seniors, and Sanchez was inexperienced by junior standards. QBs who have a chance to learn on the sidelines generally do better than those who get thrown right into the fire. Look it up.

And Tebow still can't complete 47% of his throws.

Thanks for ignoring the turnover numbers again.

Thanks for ignoring the turnover numbers again.

Thanks for having the reading comprehension skills of a four year old.

Thanks for having the reading comprehension skills of a four year old.

Thanks for being a snide a$$hole instead of the nice guy I thought you were.

I apologize, I'm in a rush to get out of here. Yet, I can't stop checking the site. This is a problem.

But, while we're on it. We HAVE been talking about Sanchez in relation to Tebow, not Sanchez by himself, so you can see how I glossed over that, no?

Thanks for being a snide a$$hole instead of the nice guy I thought you were.

I apologize, I'm in a rush to get out of here. Yet, I can't stop checking the site. This is a problem.

But, while we're on it. We HAVE been talking about Sanchez in relation to Tebow, not Sanchez by himself, so you can see how I glossed over that, no?

I'm an extremely nice guy, but my patience has been wearing thin in this thread.

Archived