Jets Article on Grantland.com

Jetsfan80

How is it wishful thinking? They've already done exactly that before. Of course that doesn't mean they'll do it again or to what degree they'll be successful, but the worst they've ever done since Rex got to town was 8-8, and that was with a complete collapse down the stretch and a disastrous locker room debacle. Now I won't argue for a second that the Jets would be a far better team with a top notch passing game, but there's a difference between saying that and saying they cannot win without one.

And as far as trying to discount the Lions, Browns and Cowboys games, it's stuff like this which is why Jets fans have such a bad rep in the sports world. For years, one thing this fan base bitched and moaned about as much as anything (and rightfully so) was how the Jets could never pull off the late game wins. How when opportunities presented themselves, they always managed to **** it up and let it slip through their fingers. Meanwhile, we constantly saw it going the other way, with Jets blowing games that they easily should have been able to put away, but screwed up enough to let their opponents back into it and lost. Since Rex has come around, this is something the Jets have finally gotten past. Now there's been numerous games that looked like they were going to lose, they did what they needed to and pulled off the win in the end, while also having other games that it seemed they were about to let slip away that they managed to hold onto in the end. Now granted that obviously isn't the case all the time, but at a much better rate than we've seen from this team in a very long time. And now that the Jets have finally become one of those teams? We have to endlessly hear how those wins don't count. Sorry, but every team in the league, even the very best ones, get wins like that, and none of them are going to apologize for them or discount them. I could easily argue that if those other teams that you mentioned had won instead, that those wins would have been even less deserved than the Jets' victories. Hell, BOTH of the team's playing in the Super Bowl last year were only even there because of those exact type of games.

For once I read one of your tldr posts.

I agree. The Jets finally become the team that "gets lucky" more often than getting unlucky and people bitch.

When we win, we deserve to win, and when we lose, we deserve to lose. That's been the Rex Ryan era for 3 years, and it has to be of SOME relief that this is the case, even when those losses happen mainly because of QB play and are therefore excruciating.

How is it wishful thinking? They've already done exactly that before. Of course that doesn't mean they'll do it again or to what degree they'll be successful, but the worst they've ever done since Rex got to town was 8-8, and that was with a complete collapse down the stretch and a disastrous locker room debacle. Now I won't argue for a second that the Jets would be a far better team with a top notch passing game, but there's a difference between saying that and saying they cannot win without one.

And as far as trying to discount the Lions, Browns and Cowboys games, it's stuff like this which is why Jets fans have such a bad rep in the sports world. For years, one thing this fan base bitched and moaned about as much as anything (and rightfully so) was how the Jets could never pull off the late game wins. How when opportunities presented themselves, they always managed to **** it up and let it slip through their fingers. Meanwhile, we constantly saw it going the other way, with Jets blowing games that they easily should have been able to put away, but screwed up enough to let their opponents back into it and lost. Since Rex has come around, this is something the Jets have finally gotten past. Now there's been numerous games that looked like they were going to lose, they did what they needed to and pulled off the win in the end, while also having other games that it seemed they were about to let slip away that they managed to hold onto in the end. Now granted that obviously isn't the case all the time, but at a much better rate than we've seen from this team in a very long time. And now that the Jets have finally become one of those teams? We have to endlessly hear how those wins don't count. Sorry, but every team in the league, even the very best ones, get wins like that, and none of them are going to apologize for them or discount them. I could easily argue that if those other teams that you mentioned had won instead, that those wins would have been even less deserved than the Jets' victories. Hell, BOTH of the team's playing in the Super Bowl last year were only even there because of those exact type of games.

4+ decades of your nose pressed up against the glass while your co-tenants and chief division rival win multiple Super Bowls.

Look, I would love to think it's going to work. Suspect Ryan knows this whole season is on Sanchez and either he gets the job done somewhat better than average or we're looking for a new QB in 2013.

Archived