Training Camp: Wednesday, August 1 (Merged)

Ranick10

I don't know if that's fantastic news. It means both are probably sub par.

It means we already know what Greene is....we need an explosive player on offense...if they trust Powell, it's good news for the Jets. Greene running 3 yards then tripping isnt going to help this team.

It means we already know what Greene is....we need an explosive player on offense...if they trust Powell, it's good news for the Jets. Greene running 3 yards then tripping isnt going to help this team.

Why not McKnight then? The guy has that big play, explosive type ability. Couldn't he kind of be the Leon Washington to Shonn Greene's Thomas Jones?

*not seeing either player is at the level those guys are in raw ability.

Why not McKnight then? The guy has that big play, explosive type ability. Couldn't he kind of be the Leon Washington to Shonn Greene's Thomas Jones?

Because I dont think McKnight is very explosive and I dont get the sense the coaching staff thinks so either.

I like McKnight, he's got great straight line speed, but lacks that short space shiftiness you really want in a RB. He doesn't possess that making people miss gene. He's great for the screen pass game, and a guy who I think the Jets should try to work into the WR rotation before Cromartie.

If Powell is making people miss in practice, he might be better suited to every down work. I'd like to see a return to the 2010 model, where LT carried a little bit more of the load than Greene. If Powell could emerge as a 200 carry guy, that would be huge.

Because I dont think McKnight is very explosive and I dont get the sense the coaching staff thinks so either.

Yeah, the coaching staff definitely doesn't think so. He certainly seems it on kickoffs though.

It was the rain I tell ya .. THE RAIN!!!!

You obviously haven't heard Rex's dissertation on the size and strength of Sanchez's hands, GATA. These make him impervious to weather conditions ...

Archived