Olympics: Holley Mangold finishes...

KSJets

10th in her weightlifting competition (the other American was 7th). There were 14 women in this weight class.

I actually watched it live on my phone through the Olympics app on there (I love technology).

Her inexperience really showed, as her technique is sloppy, but for someone barely even in the sport, she did ok.

The woman that won, from China, lifted a 412lb clean and jerk, which was an Olympic record. That was just nuts.

Holley finished with a 231lb snatch and a 297lb clean & jerk.

I know, not football related, but since her brother did just leave camp to go and see her, I figured people might want to know how she did.

you

10th in her weightlifting competition (the other American was 7th). There were 14 women in this weight class.

I actually watched it live on my phone through the Olympics app on there (I love technology).

Her inexperience really showed, as her technique is sloppy, but for someone barely even in the sport, she did ok.

The woman that won, from China, lifted a 412lb clean and jerk, which was an Olympic record. That was just nuts.

Holley finished with a 231lb snatch and a 297lb clean & jerk.

I know, not football related, but since her brother did just leave camp to go and see her, I figured people might want to know how she did.

it should be mentioned that she had a torn tendon in her right arm.

Yes, I didn't know that earlier. Thanks for that info. There was no commentary on what I was watching so all I was doing was watching them lift. I did hear Dan Patrick comment later that she was nursing an injury but he didn't disclose what it was. Still a good effort for someone so young just getting started. If she sticks with it, she should do pretty well in 2016.

Archived