Unofficial Preseason Week 4 Injury Report

JetNation

Welcome to this week’s non-official injury report where since no one’s really playing so anyone with any kind of injury is out, I have almost nothing for this report. The only Jets starters even playing tomorrow are FB John Connor, RT Austin Howard, and possibly rookies DE Quinton Coples and WR Stephen Hill, so any starter isn’t going to be listed since they weren’t likely to play injured or not. The Eagles are doing the same thing benching most if not all of their starters.

New York Jets
Probable: OLB Ricky Sapp(ankle)

Philadelphia Eagles
Probable: QB Mike Kafka(hand)

Source 1
Source 2

Austin Howard is playing? Any news on Smith? I'd like to see him a bit. I was talking to some guys on a Ram board. They generally feel he is a "mauler" in the run game, but weak in pass protection. That being said, he was worse than RIchardson in the run game and that is why he was benched. They say he is bad in space, but locks on people and drives - maybe better for a man blocking assignment? Most important is his history of concussions. The last one was bad enough they initially feared paralysis and the board questioned his will/desire to play football. They think he found perspective and realized there are things in life more important than football. At that point you probably can't play any more.

I don't know why but I usually like watchig this game. Final roster cuts are always exciting.

Omg I'm a total loser.

+1

I don't know why but I usually like watchig this game. Final roster cuts are always exciting.

Omg I'm a total loser.

It's the one game a year we usually get to see some good QB play. It's against the Eagles that we first got to see the brilliance of Bollywood, and Ratliff always ruled supreme in this game.

Based on Rex's comments, I'm guessing all of the rookies are playing this week. I mean hell, if Coples is playing, are you really going to sit Hill?

Well, they are trying to light a fire under Coples ass and get him in shape. I never saw any complaints about HIll's conditioning. With all the WRs injured HIll might need to play more or they might want to keep from exposing him too much.

Well, they are trying to light a fire under Coples ass and get him in shape. I never saw any complaints about HIll's conditioning. With all the WRs injured HIll might need to play more or they might want to keep from exposing him too much.

I suppose so, but while conditioning might not be an issue for Hill, you'd think if there's anyone who could use as many reps as possible before the opener, it'd be him (and probably Howard too).

Archived