Wes Welker to Denver????

Blackout

How many 100 reception seasons did Branch and Givens have combined. And compare it to Welker. Brady's camp is enraged and 71% of the fans feel not signing Welker was a horrible move.

But nice attempt at sugar coating!

What was sugar coated?

61% according to ESPN Boston.

The comparison to Branch and Givens is poor.  The offense was a lot different back then.  back then, Brady actually spread the ball around instead of being over reliant on Wes.  Good thing for the Patriots, the addition of Gronk and Hernandez will minimize the loss of Wes.  And if Hernandez and Gronk are healthy, Wes does not get 100 catches last year.

What was sugar coated?

61% according to ESPN Boston.

The comparison to Branch and Givens is poor.  The offense was a lot different back then.  back then, Brady actually spread the ball around instead of being over reliant on Wes.  Good thing for the Patriots, the addition of Gronk and Hernandez will minimize the loss of Wes.  And if Hernandez and Gronk are healthy, Wes does not get 100 catches last year.

71% according to a site called Boston.com. I was provided a link to an article yesterday nite. It was a fun read.

The rest is just Pats fans trying to soothe themselves over!

There's a rumor afloat that Welker turned down a 2 year $15M offer from "another AFC team", but decided to go with the Donkeys because he felt they were contenders.  

Anyone have a stab at who the swing-ana-miss team was?

I am feeling its Bills. He has already played for the Dolphins and JETS do not have a QB to attract any FA WR. And oh we contend every year!

There's a rumor afloat that Welker turned down a 2 year $15M offer from "another AFC team", but decided to go with the Donkeys because he felt they were contenders.  

Anyone have a stab at who the swing-ana-miss team was?

The Patriots offer was, reportedely, 2 years - 10 with incentives upto 16 million.  Welker and his agent deemed the incentives too hard to achieve.

71% according to a site called Boston.com. I was provided a link to an article yesterday nite. It was a fun read.

The rest is just Pats fans trying to soothe themselves over!

That site sucks.   They lose all their good football people to ESPN Boston.

The Patriots offer was, reportedely, 2 years - 10 with incentives upto 16 million.  Welker and his agent deemed the incentives too hard to achieve.

yeah I caught that, and the fact that Amendola had a deal in place before Welker moved on...yada yada yada....the article I'm referring to is the mystery team nobody knows about.  The AFC team that put in a bid, but "wasn't considered a contender" so he didn't accept the invite.  Neither the Pats nor the Broncos fit that description.  So who did he diss? 

It's out there, it will come out, I was just wondering if anyone had heard anything yet?

So you are saying ESPN does a better job at covering the Pats.

And i so glad to find you in good spirits!

ESPN Boston does.  Michael Smith was there and left for ESPN.  Mike Reiss was there and left.

yeah I caught that, and the fact that Amendola had a deal in place before Welker moved on...yada yada yada....the article I'm referring to is the mystery team nobody knows about.  The AFC team that put in a bid, but "wasn't considered a contender" so he didn't accept the invite.  Neither the Pats nor the Broncos fit that description.  So who did he diss? 

It's out there, it will come out, I was just wondering if anyone had heard anything yet?

We know the jets could not afford him.  Cincy has the monbey and probably favorites now.  Miami?

He will be when Revis is in Tampa!

:biggrin:

Why?  Not like the Jets have dominated the Patriots.  And Revis has had some great games against them, he also got burned by Moss once.

The reality is the Jets are like 4-10 against the Patriots since Revis was drafted.  And they haven't won since that playoff victory in 2010.

Archived