Sal Paolantonio top 5 immediate impact draft prospects

lamont_jordan_rules

idzik strikes me as a "stick to his board" type of guy. 

Do you think he stuck to his board when Seattle picked(reached) for that OLB pass rusher with questionable character last year?  Do you think the decision was out of his hands?

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Do you think he stuck to his board when Seattle picked(reached) for that OLB pass rusher with questionable character last year?  Do you think the decision was out of his hands?

I don't think that was really 100% Idzik's pick, their GM John Schneider and HC Pete Carrol, not to mention Paul Allen the owner were all in the room. He probably had a Bradway-like role of respected voice but not technically his pick. 

That being said it's entirely plausible that Irvin was that high on their board. 

Every team weighs the value of the player's position into the value of the player himself. That's why QB's and pass rushers always go high, and guards almost never do.

Slats put it well.   Positional value matters.  That's why the third best pass rusher will go before the best middle linebacker.  

Warmack is the consensus of best, safest player in the draft and there is literally no one who has even considered the possibility of him going first overall.  

Archived