Greg Cosell HEARTS Cordarrelle Patterson and Tavon Austin

T0mShane

If there were a blue chip RB in this draft, I'd be thrilled to take him at #9. Drafting RBs high makes more sense than ever under the new CBA.

If Austin turns out to be a RB, he's a guy who's gonna get you 1000 combined yards and a lot of scores, easy.

I doubt he'd hold up as a RB... He has to end up somewhere with a OC who will use him correctly. 

and yet if we look at those receivers, none of them went top 20 in the draft (percy i believe was the highest at 22). I agree he can be a good player i disagree with the value. All the "don't take a guard" people say it hasn't happened for 25 years. Well at least it happened. no one as small as Tavon Austin has gone top 10 in the draft... ever. 

I gave you like 10 players who were a whole, 1 inch taller.  lol.  You make way too much out of that one inch.  Warmack is about an inch too small too, but nobody is complaining about that.

You're Santana Moss comparison is bad too, IMO.  Totally different player.  Austin is twice as versatile as Moss in his career at the U. I dont think Moss  caught as many passes as Austin did last season alone.  The only thing that is similar is size.  

@Rotoworld_FB: Tavon Austin scores 7 on the Wonderlic test http://t.co/VTBHYBCTxG

Haha.

AJ Green scored a 10, we aren't drafting these guys for their IQ.  For what it's worth, I've listened to a few of his interviews and while he certainly does not sound intelligent, he seems quite humble and from all reports he's very hard-working and actually cares about getting better.  That's pretty much all you can ask for.  I'd rather take rock-stupid and a good kid then someone who scores a 20 and will get arrested this summer.

and yet if we look at those receivers, none of them went top 20 in the draft (percy i believe was the highest at 22). I agree he can be a good player i disagree with the value. All the "don't take a guard" people say it hasn't happened for 25 years. Well at least it happened. no one as small as Tavon Austin has gone top 10 in the draft... ever. 

To Tom's point, those players were all drafted before the rule changes. Historical evidence really has no relevancy when you consider how valuable a type of player is within the construct of the game and the today's rules.

Archived