Is Kyle Wilson ready to be the starting CB?

joewilly12

For Kyle, you need to give him a hefty serving of Safety help over the top. Kyle will get burned on go routes because he lacks closing speed and does not turn his head around. So here is my view on Kyle and Cro.

Cro is a good CB and can play to an almost Revis'esque level. He is not a physical Corner so you can run at him. More of a gambler than Revis.

Kyle is an average cb but he will get burned because of a lack of top end speed and he is not too tall. Last year, Kyle Wilson was burned a bunch BUT the QB's ended overthrowing the ball and then KYLE acted up like he did something to thwart the play. I would laugh at the screen and yell "You are SO LUCKY". He should not have been gloating as he was clearly burned and had the ball been on target he'd be the victim of several long TDs.

Now, going into this season, if I am the opposing OC, I call for plays where the QB pumps the ball to Cro's direction and throws over the top of Kyle wilson if I know my WR is fast. I bet you Kyle gets burned several times and Ryan starts to think that Kyle is not the answer at #2 CB. I'd rather draft a CB in the 2nd to 3rd round and have a competition for Wilson's spot. I do not trust wilson and I think its a matter of time that he gets the "Toast" nickname like Elvis Patterson had.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Considering Logan Ryan's 3 cone is apparently equal to just about anyone but Revis, and better than all but four or five CBs in the league, I think he just had a bad run for his 40 time.

All the other top 3 cone players also had very-good-to-great speed.  If I were a team looking for CBs in the draft, I would invite the guy over to run a few 40's to see for myself.  The two numbers don't seem to match.

His jumps (vert and broad) suck. That is usually an indicator of lack of explosion, which is pretty important. 

Well, looks like the Jets were thinking just like we thought they would.

Build the defense around man-to-man coverage on the top two receivers.  They didn't take Logan Ryan-at least not yet-but they took the highest rated CB.

yea i liked the milliner pick

logan is actually doing a giveaway on his facebook if you pick when hes gonna be drafted.

as much as it made me sad i said patriots pick him in 3rd

I don't think anyone expected Logan to go first round.  If he was to become a Jet, it would have to be because the Jets went after other needs in the first couple of rounds and only turned to CB later.

Of course, it he does go to the Patriots then there's a good chance the Jets get him eventually.  The player shuttle back-and-forth between these two teams is incredible.   :)

I don't think anyone expected Logan to go first round.  If he was to become a Jet, it would have to be because the Jets went after other needs in the first couple of rounds and only turned to CB later.

Of course, it he does go to the Patriots then there's a good chance the Jets get him eventually.  The player shuttle back-and-forth between these two teams is incredible.   :)

haha great ill win a pats signed jersey if i win

then when he becomes a jet ill show him the old burned pats jersey and ask for a jets one

Archived