When was the last time you saw

DRJETS

Bash Sanchez all you want, but that kid is tough, he took a lot of beatings, and always got up, not defending his skills (lack there of) while taking the beating, he still sucks, he just wasn't a pussy.

Sheeeeesh .....where did I say he wasnt tough. Taking a beating was his forte. What I said was he couldnt deliver a TD pass when the smack down was coming.

He would fumble, throw int etc.

I like Geno and I'm happy with the production so far.  He seems to lock on a WR and if it seems that way on TV it is probably worse in person - or not, but his head seems to be where he is throwing from the snap.  He seems to be getting suckered. That is a common rookie mistake and is often correctable.  It's not always though, so it's no sure thing.  Does anybody doubt that a Rex run D would complete crush him?

In the postgame this week Geno, and others (Holmes, and I believe Rex) talked about Geno trying to move safties, and LB's off, sounds like something they had him work on a lot since week 1, because it was almost a common topic first out of all their mouths.  I do remember hearing a lot of opposing players in preseason saying we were just reading Geno he would lock in on his target, and never come off of it, so to me I think it's something he is aware of, and the coach's are trying to coach it out of him.

JMO  but I think the real problem with Smith RIGHT NOW, not for ever (hopefully) is that he hasn't played under center.  he has almost no play action.  That was a major plus for Sanchez, and where most of his few long gainers came from.

If Smith can get more efficient in a play action play.  This team could get scary in a hurry.  Keep in mind that I have been very harsh on Smith. 

I can easily see Marty, on a 3rd and inches at the Jets 35,  letting  Smith chuck it 50 yards upfield to Hill.  The play action is the key

For every negative we see in Smith, even if they are hopefully short lived, I see more positives. 

One of the biggest ones is that Geno CAN throw the screen pass which for some reason Sanchez seemed to struggle with.

I agree dude, geno has giant balls of steel

and this fan base is so INT scarred they over react to everything.  yes turnovers are bad but sanchez also never even throws it to tone at the end, because he was basically covered

geno has balls

Archived