Wilkerson wins his appeal for hit on Locker

GREENBEAN

So it seems that nothing really happened that day after all.

I'm happy this is the way it went. It seems that if anyone gets hurt at all these days, there is the assumption that a rule was broken and the NFL should make some money on it. 

A FINE DECISION
The Daily News has learned that defensive lineman Muhammad Wilkerson has won his appeal stemming from a play involving Titans quarterback Jake Locker in the Jets’ 38-13 loss in Week 4. The league rescinded Wilkerson’s $15,785 fine for his hit on Locker. The QB was carted off the field after suffering a hip injury. There was no flag thrown on the play.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/jets/jets-insider-dalton-kerley-give-college-article-1.1497180#ixzz2ipKqtf27

Maybe they should think things through before fining or suspending players so they don't have to be overturned all the time.

Agreed. i think they work on the premise that most won't appeal. They make a nice chunk off of fines these past few years. It's ridiculous actually. 

Maybe they should think things through before fining or suspending players so they don't have to be overturned all the time.

On behalf of the Board and in conjunction with the rules set forth by Jetnation, as interpreted by one Maxman, inflammatory posts towards the league, owners, and/or officials shall be disciplined with a minimum mandatory fine of $25, a bottle of MD 20/20 and a foot massage for Crusher.  You have been put on notice.

On behalf of the Board and in conjunction with the rules set forth by Jetnation, as interpreted by one Maxman, inflammatory posts towards the league, owners, and/or officials shall be disciplined with a minimum mandatory fine of $25, a bottle of MD 20/20 and a foot massage for Crusher. You have been put on notice.

I want to appeal it

Archived