Geno Smith: "I'm Not Mark"

flgreen

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Geno is not Mark - at times he can throw accurately downfield, scramble and throw the ball away when he should. However, despite the fact that he has done fairly well with fewer weapons and a worse O line that Sanchez had, Smith still has to stop throwing those really ugly INTs - that's the real issue. Maybe it will get better as he gains more experience, and maybe it won't. It didn't get better under Mark Sanchez, it only got worse. I sincerely hope it gets better under Geno, as I want to see him succeed.

That said, the Jets front office also has to be looking to next year to see what they can do to add talent to the offense. I would say another solid tackle and/or guard and at least one play-making wide receiver and the Jets will be okay.

Also, you can't put everything on Geno. The Bengals scored 49 points on us, and the Bill scored 38. Geno wasn't the one covering the WRs in either of those games - that was the result of Wilkerson, Richardson, Coples, et al not getting to Andy Dalton AT ALL during the game. Once other teams take away what the Jets do best - which is rush the passer - then beating the Jets became pretty easy.

The same thing goes with the Bills. I'm not saying the Jets have to get Revis back, but they do need at least one solid CB (as far as I'm concerned, they don't have any right now), and perhaps a playmaking running back.

how many 3 and out did we have? that does not help the D.,but yeah the hole team played bad!!!  we need a true #1 WR.holmes is not one.

I agree with Smith on this.  Using Sanchez as a bench mark for Smith's progress is stupid.  Sanchez is a failed QB.   It makes no sense comparing Smith to him.   Stats just don't tell the whole story.

That's the QB coach's job.  It's about how well Smith is taking direction from Lee.  Is he doing what he's instructed to do?  Is he executing the game plan? 

In all honesty it doesn't matter what we think.  It's what Lee, and Marty think.  One thing that Smith has going for him, he has much better coaching on offense then Sanchez ever had

well he's definitely not executing the gameplan. unless the gameplan is to turn the ball over with some of the ugliest interceptions i've ever seen

Archived