My 2014 Mock Draft

ozzieny

We have extra picks due to the comp picks

Round 1 - pick 18......I want Sammy Watkins. He wont be there and neither will Evans or Lee so forget it and draft back.  We are so devoid of playmakers on this team we need to stockpile picks. Many good WR's are available.  We need a another QB because Geno SUX Smith IS NOT THE ANSWER.  We need a breakaway RB to compliment Powell and Ivory.  A Sproles type back.  A TE  that can block and stretch the field....but I would be hesitant to pick one so high as #18. An OLB and of course at least 2 wr's, a safety and some OL depth. 

Round 1 - Trade back to pick 28 with San Fran - that should get us a 3rd round pick and SF has loads of extra picks and could move up. 

With the 28th pick..........TE Austin Seferian-Jenkins.  Ebron and Amaro will be off the board leaving Jenkins who is equally dangerous. IMO better than Amaro or Ebron.

Round 2 - WR .....Top 3 will be gone so many other quality wr's to choose from so its a win-win here.  In order of preference as to who's available...

Jordan Mathews...BTW.....Matthews is the cousin of Jerry Rice...... Kelvin Benjamin..... Allen Robinson....Odell Beckham...... Jared Abbrederis.

We can have 3 picks ...our pick, the pick for Revis and trading out of first round with SF.  

Round 3 - Shayne Skov, ILB, Stanford  ...time to cut Harris loose ..too expensive and SLOW

Round 3 - Cyril Richardson, OT/G, Baylor  ...Winters is terrible

Round 3 - S  Don Bailey, USC....Must have

Round 4 - Marion Grice, RB, Arizona State ...dude is slippery as an eel and has great hands and is an elusive tough runner. 

Round 4 - QB..... Zach Mettenberger, QB, LSU......  Jimmy Garoppolo, QB, Eastern Illinois.......Bryn Renner, QB, North Carolina......

Chuckie Keaton.....David Fales.......Brett Smith    

Round 5 -  Alex Neutz, WR, Buffalo 

Round 5 -   Pierre Desir, CB

Round 6 - OLB Larry Webster

Round 7 - 3 picks ...rarely do 7th round picks make a squad so pick whoever. I like taking super sleepers here. 

I like the Richardson pick, although I think he is gone by the end of round 2.

you never know. last year I really liked og larry warford. thought he was the sleeper of the draft and was sure he would be gone late 1st/ early 2nd. he lasted till the lions picked in the 3rd. stick to your draft board. sit tight and grab the sliders

Archived