Trade for Ayiuk or Tee Higgins?

1 minute ago, Rhg1084 said:

Next years 2? A couple of our mid rd picks? I dunno I’m sure they could work something out.

We barely have money to sign our draft picks. How are we trading for a WR that the responses may out is bc they want elite WR money. When we can’t even pay them there current salaries 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Joe W. Namath said:

We will be trading up into round 2 to get a reciever that is better then aiyuk or higgins.

Relax fellas.  Joe D has got this.

Another 2nd rnd WR I’m sooooooo excited 🙄

2 hours ago, oatmeal said:

Another 2nd rnd WR I’m sooooooo excited 🙄

2nd round WRs have a lower bust rate and are often as good, if not better than those taking in the 1st round, and are a much better value.

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

We will be trading up into round 2 to get a reciever that is CHEAPER then aiyuk or higgins.

Fixed! None of the remaining WR are better than Aiyuk at this point in their career’s.

5 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

We will be trading up into round 2 to get a reciever that is better then aiyuk or higgins.

I had somehow forgotten how bad your takes really were. I mean I knew, but seeing them in person again is like....wow. you forget how jarring they actually were

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, JKlecko said:

No, there's no way the Jets have the cap space now or next year, nor would JD likely trade the draft capital it would take to get Aiyuk or Higgins.  You can forget about that happening.

Go get 'Tez Walker NC in late 2nd. 4.36 speed, 6'2" tracks the deep ball well. Give him the year to learn route trees and ST duties & unleash him in '25

• Upvote 1

Sign Corey Davis, see if a WR shakes loose in round 2/3 that you like - either way - move up and draft best WR next year. We’ll be okay. 

Wish we got Rome odunze though - seems like they just couldn’t get a trade partner 

Sign Corey Davis, see if a WR shakes loose in round 2/3 that you like - either way - move up and draft best WR next year. We’ll be okay. 

Wish we got Rome odunze though - seems like they just couldn’t get a trade partner 

Corey Davis quit on the Jets last year, no thanks.

8 hours ago, Rhg1084 said:

Higgins just requested a trade and looks like 49ers drafted Ayiuks replacement. Any chance JD pivots to either of these 2 guys? What kind of draft capital would they command?

There is zero chance, unless trading Mike Williams away is part of the trade. 

4 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

I think we need @Sperm Edwards to come lecture the class. 

There are a number of reasons this is highly unlikely 

Just saw this after I hit the submit reply button. But here you go. 👆

• Upvote 3

6 hours ago, JKlecko said:

No, there's no way the Jets have the cap space now or next year, nor would JD likely trade the draft capital it would take to get Aiyuk or Higgins.  You can forget about that happening.

Corley would be fantastic but JD would have to wheel and deal and it would cost him plenty but hes got the ammo to move up now. You figure he's going mid round 2 around pick 45 which is worth 450 points. #72 is worth 230.  #111 is 72.  #129  is worth 43.  #134 is worth 39.  #157 is worth 28. Still 40 points short and thats with 5 picks given up. JD would have to sacrifice a #3 next year to go along with 72 this year and a 4th since we could very well finisih with a high win/loss record moving us back in the draft for 2025..  All those other picks 111, 129, 134, 157  aint moving the needle. And its always a good idea to have those extra picks and maybe find a gem. So 72, 129 and next years 3rd could get it done.  

On 4/26/2024 at 8:53 AM, Maynard13 said:

Corley would be fantastic but JD would have to wheel and deal and it would cost him plenty but hes got the ammo to move up now. You figure he's going mid round 2 around pick 45 which is worth 450 points. #72 is worth 230.  #111 is 72.  #129  is worth 43.  #134 is worth 39.  #157 is worth 28. Still 40 points short and thats with 5 picks given up. JD would have to sacrifice a #3 next year to go along with 72 this year and a 4th since we could very well finisih with a high win/loss record moving us back in the draft for 2025..  All those other picks 111, 129, 134, 157  aint moving the needle. And its always a good idea to have those extra picks and maybe find a gem. So 72, 129 and next years 3rd could get it done.  

I sweated out the entire 2nd round thinking the Jets were going to lose out on Corley, but thank God, JD was able to trade up to #65 for only the 5th round pick they got from  Minnesota, and we got Corley!!!!

• Upvote 3

On 4/26/2024 at 7:06 AM, 32EBoozer said:

Go get 'Tez Walker NC in late 2nd. 4.36 speed, 6'2" tracks the deep ball well. Give him the year to learn route trees and ST duties & unleash him in '25

The Jets need a WR who can contribute this year.  I like Walker, but he isn't going in the 2nd or 3rd round.  I would like it if the Jets take a 2nd WR and he is the pick, but not as the only WR pick.

37 minutes ago, Guilhermezmc said:

I mean how many stars are you expecting the Jets to draft in the 4th - 6th rounds

As many as others who are just throwing shlt on the wall.  Thinking there’s all this wide ranging talent levels 15 spots apart it the 4th is interesting 

3 hours ago, JKlecko said:

The Jets need a WR who can contribute this year.  I like Walker, but he isn't going in the 2nd or 3rd round.  I would like it if the Jets take a 2nd WR and he is the pick, but not as the only WR pick.

This word "need" is thrown around way too liberally here. Not trying to single you out at all, but there's a big difference between "would like it if they had an upgrade at a supporting/role position" and "need" as in they can't do without it. 

Few want to accept that they are going to play Lazard this year -- or at least give him the opportunity to undo the dogcrap impression he made upon the team last year. 

1. Wilson
  2. Williams
  3. Lazard
  4. Corley
  5. Gipson
  6. Brownlee / Taylor / etc.

Plus there are still the rest of the leftovers in FA but tbh if they even add anyone it'd be in a lower, supporting role - WR 4-5 territory at most - not a starting role.