Jets tried to TALK TO Jim Haslett, but were denied by Redskins

T0mShane

Pretzel logic is trying to somehow explain how a .500 coach on a de facto one-year deal, whose team just went shopping for guys to do what this .500 head coach does, is actually beloved by the organization.

If Idzik and Woody were unified in some overarching belief in Rex's skillset, they wouldn't have gone through the trouble of slapping together this bush-league joke of an extension. Good luck to them if they have to fire Rex and try to hire any coach with options next season. They look like penny-pinching fools here without a plan, and that's because the owner wants to play God.

You couldn't possibly be making less sense.

The organization (like the majority of the football world) believes the Jets overachieved this year. However they still failed to make the playoffs or have a winning record. Now everyone knows that coaching a team with rookie Geno, no receivers, and crappy secondary play, is not to be judged the same as a HC who doesn't have those handicaps. Not to mention how much the QB alone masks so much of everything else.

But go on believing that John Harbaugh would have this team winning at least 3 more games per season. He sure did a bang-up job in '13. He has that ring from last season and it took arguably the best QBing in NFL post-season history to get it. So of course he'd have done just as well with Sanchez and rookie Geno. Makes total sense.

When other coaches win games with bad teams they're winners who do more with less. When it's Rex it's just lucky.

The guy has plenty of faults but if he was as bad as you believe he wouldn't have so many players and ex-players using the genius term to describe him.

Even still, he got the best extension he could have, given 3 straight years without a winning record (Sanchez/Geno or not).

so we want rex more involved in the offense ? specials ? I don't despise rex. I was up and down with him all year. wanted him fired, wanted him extended.

the only reason to have him around is to call the defense, so bringing in haslett makes little sense in that regard

I don't know at all. John Harbaugh, who some seem to jerk off to here, certainly on paper would know less offense and less defense than Rex, since he neither coached nor coached against either at this level as far as I know.

I think it takes away from both the HC and DC duties for him to try to do both at the same time. He's the HC, not the DC.

What I see a lot of is ignoring as merely unlucky picks or simple busts when offensive players on other teams don't pan out. Meanwhile the same on the Jets is proof positive that Ryan, who had made a career of being an NFL coach and countering other OC moves, has less of a chance of being an asset as a colorblind person solving a Rubik's Cube.

What I know is bad and good QB play either magnifies or minimizes (if not outright erases) bad coaching decisions that all HC's make.

They wanted to talk to Haslett to get him as LB coach to replace VanGorder..If that took us also saying DC or Asst HC then fine, but I guarantee you Jets wanted to talk to Haslett with mainly LB coach duties in mind..Haslett made hi s'bones' as a LB coach 1st..

This was smart on Idziks part,,but Snyder panicked when he say a team with a smart Def mind (rex) wanting Haslett

Jets should have waited for Haslett to maybe get fired, instead of 'playing thier hand' LOL

Jets should have waited for Haslett to maybe get fired, instead of 'playing thier hand' LOL

I think Haslett has another year left on his contract so offering to take him off Snyder's hands actually makes a lot of sense.   He probably wouldn't have been fired considering Danny boy is already paying shanahan $7M not to coach.  

Archived