Kiper's Mock Draft

LAD_Brooklyn

While he may be right, Kiper is drafting based purely on need. Idzik seems to be drafting based on his scouts' player ranks, maybe with need as a tie breaker.

Idzik's first draft - particularly the drafting of Richardson #13 - means you can't just look at the Jets' roster and say, "Hmm, they could use some help at WR, TE, and CB," and make our first 3 picks based purely on that. Kiper does this all the time, under the assumption that every GM drafts for most obvious or glaring need with every single pick. It's also why he's so wrong so often.

If Randy Moss is available, don't pass on him because you have Cris Carter & Jake Reed.

If Aaron Rodgers is available, don't pass on him because you have Brett Favre with some gas left in the tank.

etc.

Get the best players you can. If it's very close, then obviously go with need. Or if we're totally locked into one player at a position for years (like center, for example) then you're not taking a center in round 1 no matter what; that's a tough enough position to draft that early when there's a gaping hole at the position.

Agree totally. Right now, we're more likely to land an OL than a receiver at 18 if they stick to BPA.

Take out Purifoy and put a QB in there and I like it a lot better.

Purifoy is the perfect corner for this defense.

The Jets have how many 4th round picks?  That's where you take the QB, if they feel so inclined, depending on who's there. 

Are you done accepting Geno as your lord and savior?  I'm not.  He's got this.

Purifoy is the perfect corner for this defense.

The Jets have how many 4th round picks? That's where you take the QB, if they feel so inclined, depending on who's there.

Are you done accepting Geno as your lord and savior? I'm not. He's got this.

UF players, coaches, and alumni are pure garbage.

Archived