Cool Stats and Fun Facts by the Jets/Jet Players.

Villain The Foe

I'll start. 

Many people want the Jets to run the ball more and keep Geno from throwing but when Geno completed 16 or more passes the Jets were 7-3 when he completes less than 16 passes they're 1-5.

Now some would say that they expect a team to win a football game when their QB completes passes but Geno Smith wasn't accurate and probably threw a bunch of passes just to complete 16 of them. Well, When Geno attempted 24 or more passes in a game he was 6-5 when he attempted 23 or less passes the Jets were 2-3. More importantly, while some may think that his percentage shouldn't be bad when throwing less than 23 passes because it limits mistakes, Geno Smith's worst games completion wise came from when he threw 23 or less passes (9 of 19, 42% vs. Saints, 8 of 23, 35% vs. Bills, 9 of 22, 41% vs. Ravens & 4 of 10, 40% vs. Fins). The only game that Geno thrived in when throwing less than 23 passes is when the Jets played the Falcons on Monday night, not to anyone surprise this is also the only game of the 5 that Jeremy Kerley played in its entirety (16 of 20, 80% vs. Falcons). 

So from the looks of it, if Geno Smith is able to throw the football 24 or more times with at least 1 reliable receiver on the field the jets will win more often than not. Or if Geno completes just 16 passes the Jets will win 70% of their games. The Jets will have Kerley returning for another season and have added Eric Decker and Chris Johnson, both proven to be reliable targets in the passing game who with a total of 157 games played between the two have only missed 3 games combined....all 3 during their rookie seasons. Advantage Geno Smith and the Jets offense. 

Last year Geno Smith had more rushing TD's than Doug Martin, Arian Foster, Vick Ballard, Bilal Powell & C.J. Spiller... combined

No sh*t?

Eric Decker has been a consistent TD Machine throughout the entirety of a season. Over his 4 year career, in the first 8 games of the season Decker has scored 16 TD's, in his last 8 games Decker has scored 17 TD's. 

Solid

In the last 2 seasons the entire Jets offense have scored just 1 more Redzone TD catch than Eric Decker. 

sh*t

Unusual fact: 

Mo Wilkerson was named as a 2nd team all pro, had 10.5 sacks last year, for a brief moment was arguably the best defender in the NFL last year and is arguably the best 3-4 DE only behind J.J. Watt. Mo Wilkerson was allegedly "voted" the 42nd best player in the league by his peers. 

Rob Gronkowski has been an injury prone mess the past couple years. He was not an all pro last year, was not a pro bowler, ended the season on I.R. after only playing in 7 games, missing 9 total which included the beginning and ending of the season. Had only 39 catches last year with 4 TD's. Ladies and Gentlemen, Rob Gronkowski was allegedly voted the 41st best player in the league by his peers, one of those peers being TE Julius Thomas who put up Pro Bowl-type numbers last year....probably because he was a pro bowler last year and has yet to show up on the NFL top 100 players list! lol. Maybe Julius Thomas should have been the 41st best player in the league instead of a guy who wasn't even on the field for half the season last year. 

I'll start. 

Many people want the Jets to run the ball more and keep Geno from throwing but when Geno completed 16 or more passes the Jets were 7-3 when he completes less than 16 passes they're 1-5.

Now some would say that they expect a team to win a football game when their QB completes passes but Geno Smith wasn't accurate and probably threw a bunch of passes just to complete 16 of them. Well, When Geno attempted 24 or more passes in a game he was 6-5 when he attempted 23 or less passes the Jets were 2-3. More importantly, while some may think that his percentage shouldn't be bad when throwing less than 23 passes because it limits mistakes, Geno Smith's worst games completion wise came from when he threw 23 or less passes (9 of 19, 42% vs. Saints, 8 of 23, 35% vs. Bills, 9 of 22, 41% vs. Ravens & 4 of 10, 40% vs. Fins). The only game that Geno thrived in when throwing less than 23 passes is when the Jets played the Falcons on Monday night, not to anyone surprise this is also the only game of the 5 that Jeremy Kerley played in its entirety (16 of 20, 80% vs. Falcons). 

So from the looks of it, if Geno Smith is able to throw the football 24 or more times with at least 1 reliable receiver on the field the jets will win more often than not. Or if Geno completes just 16 passes the Jets will win 70% of their games. The Jets will have Kerley returning for another season and have added Eric Decker and Chris Johnson, both proven to be reliable targets in the passing game who with a total of 157 games played between the two have only missed 3 games combined....all 3 during their rookie seasons. Advantage Geno Smith and the Jets offense. 

Fun thread Villian, and a wonderful spinning of Smith's stat's.

Here's some of Smith's stats that explain the season.  When Smith threw 1 or less interceptions, and gave the team a chance to win, the Jets were 7-1

When Smith threw 2 or more interceptions the Jets were 1-6.

The reason it only adds up to 15 is because in the 23-3 loss to the Fish he only threw 10 passes, with one interception, but had 2 pics dropped before he was benched.  I'm fairly confident if he had stayed in he would have thrown at least one more pick.

Bottom line.  If Smith stops throwing interceptions, regardless how many passes he throws, the Jets have an excellent chance to win.  If he keeps throwing picks, there will be a new QB in 2015.  If not 2014

Rex Ryan has more playoff wins in the past decade than Kansas City, Cleveland, Detroit, Buffalo, Miami, Washington, Oakland and "America's Team" Dallas...combined.

You could have made this much sexier and added the Rams, Jags, Bengals, Texans, Bucs to the list and it would still apply.

Last year, when it was overcast, the Jets were 0-4.  When it was raining, they went 4-0, and when it was sunny with a low pressure system moving in from the West, they were 4-4.  So there you have it.  Low pressure system moving west with a chance of a shower = undefeated season.  

Fun thread Villian, and a wonderful spinning of Smith's stat's.

Here's some of Smith's stats that explain the season.  When Smith threw 1 or less interceptions, and gave the team a chance to win, the Jets were 7-1

When Smith threw 2 or more interceptions the Jets were 1-6.

The reason it only adds up to 15 is because in the 23-3 loss to the Fish he only threw 10 passes, with one interception, but had 2 pics dropped before he was benched.  I'm fairly confident if he had stayed in he would have thrown at least one more pick.

Bottom line.  If Smith stops throwing interceptions, regardless how many passes he throws, the Jets have an excellent chance to win.  If he keeps throwing picks, there will be a new QB in 2015.  If not 2014

Thanks flgreen. Trying to be a bit creative over here. I just purchased NFL Game Rewind and figured out how to record the video from my desktop. Now I'm trying to figure out how to make Gifs from the video so I can start doing my personal breakdown of the team using all-22 game tape, for the people who call any other type of tape "highlights" lol (jabbing at you Rutgers :winking0001: ). If anyone knows how to make Gifs please let me know. 

And yes, if Geno stops throwing INT's the Jets will certainly be okay and we wont be looking for another QB in the draft next year. 

Last year, when it was overcast, the Jets were 0-4.  When it was raining, they went 4-0, and when it was sunny with a low pressure system moving in from the West, they were 4-4.  So there you have it.  Low pressure system moving west with a chance of a shower = undefeated season.  

I guess the individuals who pushed the button to make sure the Super Bowl was a played in nice 55 degree weather then dropped a snow blizzard on us 30 mins after the game ended needs to push the button during every Jets home game! lol. 

Thanks flgreen. Trying to be a bit creative over here. I just purchased NFL Game Rewind and figured out how to record the video from my desktop. Now I'm trying to figure out how to make Gifs from the video so I can start doing my personal breakdown of the team using all-22 game tape, for the people who call any other type of tape "highlights" lol (jabbing at you Rutgers :winking0001: ). If anyone knows how to make Gifs please let me know. 

And yes, if Geno stops throwing INT's the Jets will certainly be okay and we wont be looking for another QB in the draft next year. 

Great!    Looking forward to some creative threads from ya.  If your going to go through all this trouble you have to get the Gif thing down.

I guess the individuals who pushed the button to make sure the Super Bowl was a played in nice 55 degree weather then dropped a snow blizzard on us 30 mins after the game ended needs to push the button during every Jets home game! lol. 

yes.  It's all about chemtrails and HARRP.  But you didn't hear that from m

Archived