One thing the Jets' DID manage to accomplish

lancemehl

It's nearly impossible for me to give any credit to Mike Tannebaum by way of his football knowledge, but whether it was luck or Rex Ryan or the sheer volume that was bound to produce, but over the last 5 years or so we did manage to put together a pretty formidable D-line. Considering we had NOTHING a few years ago........

maybe no fair but i give basically all the credit to rex for that. yes, i know, rex isn't the GM but hard to imagine tanny drafting a defensive lineman without rex's endorsement. at a minimum, rex had veto rights over drafting these guys but i suspect rex had a lot more influence than that. now if we still had tanny, i wonder how much wilk would be getting paid this year? I guess $10M

Not that we did poorly in the first round last season, but would've done alright with Tanny there too.  His pre-draft stuff said the Jets should take Cordarelle Patterson.

Well we wouldn't have had either guy we drafted. That much is certain.

Tannenbaum never would have drafted a player at an area we're already loaded in, no matter how talented he's supposed to be.

And there would have been no Milliner because he would have extended Revis at $32M over 2 years again, which means by 2014 (or 2015 at the latest) his cap number alone would have been over $20M/year. (A far cry from his present cap charge with New England). For one CB, in a league where 3 WRs and a TE is more or less a normal base offense.

Archived