Overreacting

stevegrunder

I'm a Canes fan so I should be biased against Winston (this is a tough football season for me).

I agree that Winston has showed that he has rocks in his head off the field.  Very immature.  But on the field he has shown excellent football instincts.   Seems to see the whole field, and has all the physical tools.  6' 4"  230, strong arm, ect.

I should hate this kid but every time I see him play I come away very impressed.  IMO I think with a lil maturity he is going to be an excellent NFL QB.

He would probably be best served staying in school one more year, but I doubt he will.  Don't think he is having as much fun as he did last year, and the lure of the money is going to the NFL next season.  I think he will be the best QB since Luck.

His off field non-sense might make him fall a few spots to where he might be in reach of the Jets.  Depending how long Rex waits to pull the cord on Smith.

JMHO

Interesting, I generally walk away unimpressed.  He makes some terrible reads.  2 picks for OK St.  2 picks vs. NC St.  These arent good teams and he turns the ball over.  That and he's a moron.  Could you imagine him in NY?  Yikes!

I like other QB's better.  

He should play Baseball anyway.

Interesting, I generally walk away unimpressed.  He makes some terrible reads.  2 picks for OK St.  2 picks vs. NC St.  These arent good teams and he turns the ball over.  That and he's a moron.  Could you imagine him in NY?  Yikes!

I like other QB's better.  

He should play Baseball anyway.

I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree for now,   I do think Winston might be a real option for the Jets in this draft, so perhaps we can resume it in April 

Remember when everyone said Schotty was terrible and no one could be worse? And then Sparano was actually much worse? 

Yes there are better coaches than Rex Ryan out there. There's like a dozen maybe. None of them want this job. 

The head coaching market is as poor as the free agent QB market. Good teams don't usually let their good coaches go.  And good coaches usually don't leave on their own.  It's a supply and demand situation. 

Remember when you told me Bill O'Brien wouldn't be an answer as a HC? 

Archived