Idzik and Rex are just not on the same page

drsamuel84

The biggest problem in my opinion right now is the completely different visions our HC and GM have right now. I'm starting to believe more and more Idzik needed to make a coaching decision for the future after last season.  Maybe behind the scenes Rex has been given a vote of confidence as long as this team doesn't end up going 1-15 and have a completely disastrous season but from the outside looking in it seems like we have a GM building for the future (evidence by the lack of spending this offseason) and a head coach trying to make the playoffs and win now.  Sure a GM should always been challenging a coach to win now but the expectations also need to be realistic.  Simply said, this year should've always been about evaluating talent and building for the future.  If that's the case, Rex either should have been shown his walking papers or given a new 3 year deal.  Idzik is buying himself time at the expense of Rex.

Well see I also blame Woody as well he should've forced Idzik's hand a little bit and told him you have one year to evaluate this team then I want to start seeing some progress.  I know he inherited a little bit of a mess but right now it seems like we're walking in quick sand with no light at the end of the tunnel

Archived