Woody Johnson needs to get his head out of his a$$

Freemanm

I was one of the letter writers and I actually DO think that those letters made a difference , how? well Herm was saying on Monday after a 3 interception Testeverde loss to Miami that "Vinny is my starter" and by the weekend Chad was named

Seriously?  You think a fan writing a letter made a difference to ANY aspect of the on-field decision-making of an NFL team, much less a starting QB decision???

You are smarter than that SoFla, or so I always thought.

Point being, be assured, Woody will not be in any way spoken to or penalized or (lo) forced out because a few Fans want to write letters or play "Lawyer: the home game".

I would suggest, if you're angry, to blame those who actually have a role in the on-field performance.  Idzik, for the FO mistakes in the offseason.  Ryan, for being a horrible head coach in a downward spiral since the day he got here obsessed with D and ignoring his O.  Marty M. for being unable to get anything from the talent he does have.  And Geno Smith for being so deeply bad, for making us all wish we still had Sanchez ffs. 

THEY are the problem, not an owner who has never ever been "cheap" in his time here, and likely has nothing whatsoever to do with our unspent cap money in 2014.

Idzik, most likely, choose not to spend it because he A. didn't see/couldn't aquire players worth it, and B. he's saving his pennies for 2015, after he fires Rex Ryan, and when he brings in whomever is his "own guy".

The biggest flaw we can lay at Woody is loyalty (same flaw Hess had tbh).  Woody clearly had a role in retaining Rex Ryan.  For that, he should take heat, because Rex earned his firing more than once over.

But the idea he is in any form in breach of contract, so much so the league will hammer him......is laughable.

Seriously?  You think a fan writing a letter made a difference to ANY aspect of the on-field decision-making of an NFL team, much less a starting QB decision???

You are smarter than that SoFla, or so I always thought.

Point being, be assured, Woody will not be in any way spoken to or penalized or (lo) forced out because a few Fans want to write letters or play lawyer: the home game.

I would suggest, if you're angry, to blame those who actually have a role in the on-field performance.  Iszik, for the FO.  Ryan, for being a horrible coach in a downward spiral since the day he got here.  And Geno for making us all wish we still had Sanchez ffs.  THEY are the problem, not an owner who has never been "cheap' in his time here, and likely has nothing whatsoever to do with our unspent cap money in 2014.

Idzik, most likely, choose not to spend it because he A. didn't see/couldn't aquire players worth it, and B. he's saving his pennies for 2015, after he fires Rex Ryan, and when he brings in whomever is his "own guy".

The biggest flaw we can lay at Woody is loyalty (same flaw Hess had tbh).  Woody clearly had a role in retaining Rex Ryan.  For that, he should take heat, because Rex earned his firing more than once over.

But the idea he is in any form in breach of contract, so much so the league will hammer him......is laughable.

Hey maybe we can get a guy like Sar to sue them for breach of contract or something. I don't know how smart or dumb I am Fish, all I know is I hate what I'm seeing happen to the team - the ONLY sports team left that I care enough about to spend money on. And back in 2002 when I was calling the Jets office and writing emails telling them that there were going to be hundreds of us at the next home game wearing bags on our heads if a change of QB wasn't made and ...well it happened and who can say if what we threatened worked or not, all we do know is what we asked for, happened. 

I don't know how smart or dumb I am Fish, all I know is I hate what I'm seeing happen to the team - the ONLY sports team left that I care enough about to spend money on.

We don't disagree there, and I'm no less disappointed than you are. The Jets are the only sports team I follow, at all, really. My entire Sports year is over in week 5.

I get it.

Point is, Woody is not the problem (or certainly not the primary problem), he's not cheap, and he's not that meddling (a little, i.e. Rex retained).

Rex and Geno both need to go, but it's not going to happen till offseason 2015.

Idzik needs to hire "his guy" and "his guy" better be good. Idzik then needs to spend his wad, and retool/retalent/re-offense this failing franchise.

If he doesn't, quickly, then he too will be gone.

That's where we are, a down franchise at the bottom, soon to be rid of coaches, QB's and more.

It's not going to be fun.

Woody is the most mentally challenged owner in North American pro sports.  Good luck.  He'll probably rehire Mangini to be gm and promote Marhinweg to HC.  Then we'll sign some crappy retread qb with the first name Matt to be the face of the franchise.

only if his consultants tell him to

Archived