Tweets From Jets Media Conf Call

flgreen

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply
0kEqj3te_normal.jpeg
Rex (contd): ".....I think now it's just: let everyone know...Geno's our quarterback." (2)
7m
Beat Writer / Columnist

0kEqj3te_normal.jpeg
Why name Geno the starter vs. DEN quickly? Rex: "I just realized after going thru it last year what it put on our team. ....
7m
Beat Writer / Columnist

04Tdw8uq_normal.jpeg
Walls is dealing with a patellar tendon issue. #Jets
5m
Beat Writer / Columnist

MedxWKg4_normal.jpeg
Rex said Darrin Walls has a patella tendon problem. They'll see how he progresses. #nyj
5m
Beat Writer / Columnist
  •  
  •  
  •  

0kEqj3te_normal.jpeg
Darrin Walls has a "patella tendon problem," per Rex.
5m
Beat Writer / Columnist

So a guy who plays professional football for a living hasn't figured out that west coast games aren't broadcast on the east coast at 10am.

He is either a complete and utter moron, or a liar, or both. But the biggest idiot is Rex for buying it.

Jets PR department preparing puff piece now--HEADLINE: GENO RETURNS TO PRACTICE FINDS LOCKER FULL OF CLOCKS

read: look! The guys are still a team! Comraderie! Ignore the massive tire fire behind the building!

So a guy who plays professional football for a living hasn't figured out that west coast games aren't broadcast on the east coast at 10am.

He is either a complete and utter moron, or a liar, or both. But the biggest idiot is Rex for buying it.

It's so easy but man does it stress me out when I change time zones.

Reddit

So Mr. (Geno) Smith went to San Diego and decided, before the Jets played the Chargers, to take in a movie. The problem for the Jets was, he got confused about the time zone change and -- whoops -- missed a Saturday team meeting. This was his response yesterday:

"I felt really bad about it. I really let a lot of people down. It’s not in my character to not be on time for a meeting. ... I was on East Coast time, but was thinking on I was on West Coast time, but I had nothing to do with the time zones, I got them mixed up."

He did not, however, reveal the movie -- which seems like an important detail, doesn't it? So what did Geno see? Well, we took to Twitter for answers, and of course, they were hilarious.

A sampling:

Archived