Enunwa charges dropped, does another Idzik pick get on the field?

AFJF

the Jets already gave up on their 4th, 5th, 6th, and 7th rd draft picks, why shouldn't we give up too?  

Like I said, I get the frustration, but as long as they're on the team and I haven't seen them play yet, I'm not going to write them off.  Some of these players (Dozier, Reilly)  had some really positive things said about them but other "experts" who didn't work for the Jets.  For that reason, I'm not going to lump them in with Jalen Saunders just because the same guy selected them.  This isn't to say I think Idzik is any good, but with that many picks, he may have accidentally gotten a couple right.

First, Pryor looks like a terrible pick so far.   It's too early to declare him a bust but he looks lost in pass coverage which is a key skill for a safety. 

Second, I don't get the whole giving credit to GM's for finding non-QB's in the first 2 or 3 rounds.   Frankly, I think just about any draftnik could find starters in rds 1&2.  

third, everything in your first sentence is a big if.   If IK, Reilly, Evans, Enunwa....that is a very big if.   Reilly gets 5 snaps a game and the rest don't see the field.    If Oday Aboushi turns into a Pro Bowler last year's draft will be great....but we all know that's not happening any time soon.  

First, Pryor looks like a terrible pick so far.   It's too early to declare him a bust but he looks lost in pass coverage which is a key skill for a safety. 

Second, I don't get the whole giving credit to GM's for finding non-QB's in the first 2 or 3 rounds.   Frankly, I think just about any draftnik could find starters in rds 1&2.  

third, everything in your first sentence is a big if.   If IK, Reilly, Evans, Enunwa....that is a very big if.   Reilly gets 5 snaps a game and the rest don't see the field.    If Oday Aboushi turns into a Pro Bowler last year's draft will be great....but we all know that's not happening any time soon.  

Again, just for the sake of objectivity and fairness.. Ik is raw, we all knew that.  Reilly was starting to get a couple of series per game before getting hurt this week so they're trying to groom  him to replace Pace.  Evans is an IR stash, and Enunwa wasn't going to play until his legal situation cleared up.  Now, there's no reason not to get him on the field.  As I'd mentioned earlier, I also hope Dozier spells Colon for the last fiver or six games if things don't turn around.

He has to get on the roster first.  FWIW, Powell is 22, Hakim and Owusu 24, Graham 25.  The guys ahead of him are not exactly ready for AARP.  They have not been picking up vets, even when they might help.

Was referring more to the Salas and Nelson types. You know, well established bad players.

Was referring more to the Salas and Nelson types. You know, well established bad players.

Salas and Nelson are 26 and 27.  They are not getting cut for Enunwa.  They are starting.  The guys that will be on the bubble are the last in - Graham, Owusu and Powell.  Considering that Powell has taken over return duties, I would be fine with dumping Hakim for him. 

Salas and Nelson are 26 and 27.  They are not getting cut for Enunwa.  They are starting.  The guys that will be on the bubble are the last in - Graham, Owusu and Powell.  Considering that Powell has taken over return duties, I would be fine with dumping Hakim for him. 

I would cut them, they suck. They've proven they suck on the previous teams they've bounced from. Same with Graham. At this point, get our draft picks (what's left of them) and our UDFA's on the field and see what they've got. Get them reps. The fact we have multiple WRs spots being taken up by kick returners in an era of the league where kick returns don't matter nearly as much as they used to is a microcosm of everything wrong.

I would cut them, they suck. They've proven they suck on the previous teams they've bounced from. Same with Graham. At this point, get our draft picks (what's left of them) and our UDFA's on the field and see what they've got. Get them reps. The fact we have multiple WRs spots being taken up by kick returners in an era of the league where kick returns don't matter nearly as much as they used to is a microcosm of everything wrong.

I'd keep Salas around because he seems to have a knack for making people miss and making plays after the catch.  The others, if they like them that much, throw em on the PS and let the picks play.

I'd keep Salas around because he seems to have a knack for making people miss and making plays after the catch.  The others, if they like them that much, throw em on the PS and let the picks play.

Doesn't he have a knack for getting hurt and never realizing his potential, too?

Doesn't he have a knack for getting hurt and never realizing his potential, too?

I don't think he's been hurt that much, and I think his potential is a solid #4/#5 WR.  Essentially plugging him in to be a #2 is crazy.  Not everyone is gonna' be a superstar so I'm okay with having some solid players deeper down the depth chart.

A patently stupid idea.  This is nothing more than typical "anything must be better" attitude.  As we have seen in the past, and at CB this year, that is simply not the case.  You **** the entire team over by going with worse players.  Salas and Nelson have as much upside as any of those guys.  Salas and Nelson were our UDFAs last year. They are the two that showed promise.  Let's throw them out for a new crop.  We don't have any draft picks at WR.  There is not a single one on roster.  Enunwa is on the practice squad and if he had so much potential some other team would have scooped him up the way they did with Dixon and George.  I know you just say sh*t to get a response or so that you can jump up and down later and say "I told you so" but this is a silly idea.  Those guys ARE being worked in, but if they were ready they would be out there.  It's been all hands on deck at WR and CB since week 2 or before.

A patently stupid idea.  This is nothing more than typical "anything must be better" attitude.  As we have seen in the past, and at CB this year, that is simply not the case.  You **** the entire team over by going with worse players.  Salas and Nelson have as much upside as any of those guys.  Salas and Nelson were our UDFAs last year. They are the two that showed promise.  Let's throw them out for a new crop.  We don't have any draft picks at WR.  There is not a single one on roster.  Enunwa is on the practice squad and if he had so much potential some other team would have scooped him up the way they did with Dixon and George.  I know you just say sh*t to get a response or so that you can jump up and down later and say "I told you so" but this is a silly idea.  Those guys ARE being worked in, but if they were ready they would be out there.  It's been all hands on deck at WR and CB since week 2 or before.

Agree with most of what you're saying here but nobody was going to poach Enunwa with the DV charges pending.  Even now, with the stigma of the accusation there might be some hesitation from other teams.  I say get him on the field.

Agree with most of what you're saying here but nobody was going to poach Enunwa with the DV charges pending.  Even now, with the stigma of the accusation there might be some hesitation from other teams.  I say get him on the field.

He's been dinged a bunch, though they keep saying he has "been practicing with the team."  From what I read his deal was that the case was dismissed without prejudice, meaning it could be reopened.  The terms were that he can't contact the woman for 90 days.  After 90 days it will be dismissed with prejudice.  I'm not sure when the 90 days run from.  This was pursuant to some signed agreement which the woman has 7 days to sign, so it is not yet a done deal and may indicate a payoff since Enunwa and the woman both have private attorneys.

It sounds sort of like an ACD (Adjourned on Contemplation of Dismissal) which is where they adjourn minor criminal matters and if the defendant does not get in any trouble before the adjourn date (usual a year) the case is dismissed.  If the guy gets picked up again he has two cases to deal with. This thing may still be technically hanging over Enunwa's head for another 3 months. They may have done the dismissed without prejudice so that the league doesn't punish him and it does not count as a outstanding case, or maybe that is just a NJ vs. NY difference. 

He's been dinged a bunch, though they keep saying he has "been practicing with the team."  From what I read his deal was that the case was dismissed without prejudice, meaning it could be reopened.  The terms were that he can't contact the woman for 90 days.  After 90 days it will be dismissed with prejudice.  I'm not sure when the 90 days run from.  This was pursuant to some signed agreement which the woman has 7 days to sign, so it is not yet a done deal and may indicate a payoff since Enunwa and the woman both have private attorneys.

It sounds sort of like an ACD (Adjourned on Contemplation of Dismissal) which is where they adjourn minor criminal matters and if the defendant does not get in any trouble before the adjourn date (usual a year) the case is dismissed.  If the guy gets picked up again he has two cases to deal with. This thing may still be technically hanging over Enunwa's head for another 3 months. They may have done the dismissed without prejudice so that the league doesn't punish him and it does not count as a outstanding case, or maybe that is just a NJ vs. NY difference. 

I read yesterday that the league wants to review legal documents but punishment unlikely because charges were dropped.  Either way, I think all of this could play in to why he wasn't poached.  Not saying he definitely would have been, just saying any chances of it went out the window when this went public.

I don't think he's been hurt that much, and I think his potential is a solid #4/#5 WR.  Essentially plugging him in to be a #2 is crazy.  Not everyone is gonna' be a superstar so I'm okay with having some solid players deeper down the depth chart.

I remind people quite often that they can't all be stars. That said, this guys is a serial wash-out type of player. If giving a draft pick (in a year where the draft has been uninspiring) reps at his expense helps our draft pick develop quicker, then that's what I'd advocate for. We already know what Salas brings to the table.  We are staring at a 1-9 start. Give the unknown commodities reps is all I'm saying.

A patently wrong interpretation.

I'm advocating giving reps to the draft picks. Not advocating that "anything must be better". Not only are you interpreting me wrong, but your response is littered with wrong-itty wrongness. Salas and Nelson are were not UDFAs, they are guys that have bounced around and have a couple years worth of evidence for what their potential is. Known commodities, not UDFA's which are unknown the same as any rookie. Enunwa wasn't going to be scooped up with a domestic abuse charge looming over his head until a few days ago.

Remember when Herm wouldn't give Lamont Jordan reps, even when Curtis Martin was spent, in a 4 win season? If we give Jordan reps that year, we get a better idea of what he's worth and capable of, and who knows how the running game goes from there. I know we let him slip through our fingers instead, CM retired, and outside of Thomas Jones we've struggled to find a decent RB since.

All I'm saying is, we're well on our way to a 1-9 start, see what we've got in some of the unknown commodities.

I remind people quite often that they can't all be stars. That said, this guys is a serial wash-out type of player. If giving a draft pick (in a year where the draft has been uninspiring) reps at his expense helps our draft pick develop quicker, then that's what I'd advocate for. We already know what Salas brings to the table.  We are staring at a 1-9 start. Give the unknown commodities reps is all I'm saying.

A patently wrong interpretation.

I'm advocating giving reps to the draft picks. Not advocating that "anything must be better". Not only are you interpreting me wrong, but your response is littered with wrong-itty wrongness. Salas and Nelson are were not UDFAs, they are guys that have bounced around and have a couple years worth of evidence for what their potential is. Known commodities, not UDFA's which are unknown the same as any rookie. Enunwa wasn't going to be scooped up with a domestic abuse charge looming over his head until a few days ago.

Remember when Herm wouldn't give Lamont Jordan reps, even when Curtis Martin was spent, in a 4 win season? If we give Jordan reps that year, we get a better idea of what he's worth and capable of, and who knows how the running game goes from there. I know we let him slip through our fingers instead, CM retired, and outside of Thomas Jones we've struggled to find a decent RB since.

All I'm saying is, we're well on our way to a 1-9 start, see what we've got in some of the unknown commodities.

They have been practicing together for weeks.  They KNOW those commodities.

I am not "wrong" because you don't know what is on the team.  There is not a single draft pick on the active roster.  There are no actual UDFAs either.  Powell was Cardinal 2014 draft pick that they signed this year, so maybe he could count.  Graham was a 2012 3rd rounder.  He was picked up off waivers on cut-down day by the Titans.  Owusu was an UDFA in 2012, but has been with the 49ers, Chargers and Bucs.  Hakim has been out of school since 2011 when he played for a minor league team in Vegas.  Since then he was with the Cowboys and Saints.  Does that count as bouncing around and having a "couple of years evidence of what their potential is"?  If not, they I don't know what the **** you are talking about.  

Sure, we will catch lightning with these sh*theads and not the guys that have earned spots ahead of them.  It's not like they are trotting Art Monk and Harold Carmichael out there. WHichever of these guys perform best should have potential to be with the team 3-4 years, hopefully at the bottom of the depth chart.

They have been practicing together for weeks.  They KNOW those commodities.

I am not "wrong" because you don't know what is on the team.  There is not a single draft pick on the active roster.  There are no actual UDFAs either.  Powell was Cardinal 2014 draft pick that they signed this year, so maybe he could count.  Graham was a 2012 3rd rounder.  He was picked up off waivers on cut-down day by the Titans.  Owusu was an UDFA in 2012, but has been with the 49ers, Chargers and Bucs.  Hakim has been out of school since 2011 when he played for a minor league team in Vegas.  Since then he was with the Cowboys and Saints.  Does that count as bouncing around and having a "couple of years evidence of what their potential is"?  If not, they I don't know what the **** you are talking about.  

Sure, we will catch lightning with these sh*theads and not the guys that have earned spots ahead of them.  It's not like they are trotting Art Monk and Harold Carmichael out there. WHichever of these guys perform best should have potential to be with the team 3-4 years, hopefully at the bottom of the depth chart.

No, you are wrong because Salas and Nelson are not UDFAs, and Enunwa wasn't poached because of his legal sh*t. 

You are also wrong with your idiotic "patently stupid" conclusion about what I said. Your conclusion was wrong. I never said play Enunwa because anything is better than Salas, I said give him snaps because reps are important, and since it's a lost season, what have we got to lose by seeing how Enunwa does getting some reps. We already know how Salas and Nelson do.

No, you are wrong because Salas and Nelson are not UDFAs, and Enunwa wasn't poached because of his legal sh*t. 

You are also wrong with your idiotic "patently stupid" conclusion about what I said. Your conclusion was wrong. I never said play Enunwa because anything is better than Salas, I said give him snaps because reps are important, and since it's a lost season, what have we got to lose by seeing how Enunwa does getting some reps. We already know how Salas and Nelson do.

They are all FA/waiver wire pickups.  The Jets don't have a single rookie UDFA if you want to be so specific.  I don't have a problem with trying to work Enunwa into the mix.  I would encourage it too, but the idea that we have to see what we have is kind of ridiculous.  He practices with them, they know. If he isn't getting open against these CBs he isn't getting open.  It's kind of hard to tell if he didn't get poached because of the domestic violence stuff.  He wasn't arrested until he had already been cut, cleared waivers and signed to the practice squad.  It may have been an influence because I think the incident occurred the same day he was cut, but stop acting like he was this fast riser that is just being kept down by legal troubles. The guy was a bubble player with these WRs and the team specifically cut him to pick up Powell off waivers.   

They are all FA/waiver wire pickups.  The Jets don't have a single rookie UDFA if you want to be so specific.  I don't have a problem with trying to work Enunwa into the mix.  I would encourage it too, but the idea that we have to see what we have is kind of ridiculous.  He practices with them, they know. If he isn't getting open against these CBs he isn't getting open.  It's kind of hard to tell if he didn't get poached because of the domestic violence stuff.  He wasn't arrested until he had already been cut, cleared waivers and signed to the practice squad.  It may have been an influence because I think the incident occurred the same day he was cut, but stop acting like he was this fast riser that is just being kept down by legal troubles. The guy was a bubble player with these WRs and the team specifically cut him to pick up Powell off waivers.   

Woodhead practiced with them too. You don't know what you've got in a guy until he sees game action, I get what you are saying, but there's more evidence to support my point of view. The history of this league has shown there is a distinct difference between how a lot of guys play and how they practice.

Archived