Coaching staff hirings as reported

Integrity28

I know there is a front office hirings thread, I didn't see one exclusively to report on coordinators and coaching staff additions, so here goes.

We know about Chan Gailey (which got it's own thread) , here's the other ones that have been reported:

Bowles was allowed 1. RT @kentsomers: #azcardinals released LB coach Mike Caldwell from contract to be Jets asst head coach, per source

Kacy Rodgers to the Jets is happening. He'll be Todd Bowles' defensive coordinator. #nyj

My @NFLonFOX scoop on @Atlanta_Falcons DBs coach Joe Danna joining @nyjets coaching staff: http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/story/new-york-jets-todd-bowles-hires-joe-danna-kacy-rogers-assistant-coaches-011515 

How is this different from

You're always getting on people about starting new threads  that already have threads :admin_power:

I know there is a front office hirings thread, I didn't see one exclusively to report on coordinators and coaching staff additions, so here goes.

I thought I covered this, I hadn't been in your thread since earlier and didn't realize it ended up becoming a mix of coaching and front office. Mods can merge them. I assumed yours would end up about front office though, given the title.

I wondered about Caldwell. I like that Bowles is essentially getting the TWO guys he wanted to be his top guys on Defense. Kinda creative actually. 

If Cardinals coach Bruce Arians is going to name a new defensive coordinator from his own staff, the list of candidates got shorter by one today.

According to Kent Somers of the Arizona Republic, the Cardinals have released linebackers coach Mike Caldwell from his contract.

He’s now going to New York to join former Cardinals defensive coordinator Todd Bowles as the Jets’ assistant head coach.

With the success the Cardinals have had, losing staffers is a natural result. But losing two of their top defensive coaches creates a void, one they might fill by bringing longtime Steelers coordinator Dick LeBeau in as a consultant or some other senior position.

I wondered about Caldwell. I like that Bowles is essentially getting the TWO guys he wanted to be his top guys on Defense. Kinda creative actually. 

If Cardinals coach Bruce Arians is going to name a new defensive coordinator from his own staff, the list of candidates got shorter by one today.

According to Kent Somers of the Arizona Republic, the Cardinals have released linebackers coach Mike Caldwell from his contract.

He’s now going to New York to join former Cardinals defensive coordinator Todd Bowles as the Jets’ assistant head coach.

With the success the Cardinals have had, losing staffers is a natural result. But losing two of their top defensive coaches creates a void, one they might fill by bringing longtime Steelers coordinator Dick LeBeau in as a consultant or some other senior position.

Agreed.

Dolphins fans are whining that they now have the worst coaching staff in the division, and apparently getting Kacy Rodgers was a good get - I've seen comments that considered him one of only two coaches worth a damn down there.

Agreed.

Dolphins fans are whining that they now have the worst coaching staff in the division, and apparently getting Kacy Rodgers was a good get - I've seen comments that considered him one of only two coaches worth a damn down there.

All the better. If he ends up being worth a damn AND we hurt the fins in the process, well that's just finger lickin good now aint it?

Archived