Tannenbaum vs Rex

artemusclyde

Rex vs Tannenbaum  

53 members have voted

1. 1. Who does better/lasts longer

Tanny is well on his way to blowing up the Fins cap structure with that ridiculous deal for Suh. I think Rex will have success short term - getting Buffalo back to 9-7 should suffice - but Tanny may well last longer. We'll see how many reaches Tanny goes for in the upcoming draft.

Plus Tannyhill is due a mega deal pretty soon ... Just watch Tannybaum overpay him like he did Sanchez.

Plus Tannyhill is due a mega deal pretty soon ... Just watch Tannybaum overpay him like he did Sanchez.

There is a difference.  It is hard to overpay a good QB.  Tannehill has improved in every category each year and will deserve a mega-deal.  The problem wasn't how much they paid Sanchez, it was that they were paying Sanchez.  It will be interesting what the Dolphins do at WR.  They dumped Wallace, Hartline and Clay.  I assume they will pick a WR - probably Parker.

Tannenbaum can be a good GM with the right personnel people in place. The whole cap relief magical move that Idzik got credit for was set up in place by Tanny. He set contracts up to expire at that point to purge if Sanchez didn't pan out so they could restart. Tannys problem is he relies on his coach too much for the draft, hence why just about every player drafted during Rex's tenure is gone. Pre Rex his drafts were solid, but that was when Mangini was in his ear. If MIA has the right people making the draft decisions Tanny can build and sign a solid team and keep them under the cap.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived