LaRon Landry's guns!

Klecko73isGod

Wow. No wonder why TB traded him lol Didn't realize he was making that much.

So I guess signing Goldson, trading for Revis and drafting Barron (?) wasn't the answer to boosting that secondary after all.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

At least they are admitting their mistakes. Goldsonrotoworld was a solid safety when they picked him up n Revis was the best CB. They couldn't pay 16mil to Revis when they weren't going to win more than 6-6 games a year. Never made any sense for them to begin with.

At least they are admitting their mistakes. Goldsonrotoworld was a solid safety when they picked him up n Revis was the best CB. They couldn't pay 16mil to Revis when they weren't going to win more than 6-6 games a year. Never made any sense for them to begin with.

They did win 7 games the year before with the worst pass defense (or among the top 3 worst I believe), Freeman had 27 TDs and 17 INTs, they had offensive weapons but needed a secondary and we're in a division with New Orleans and Atlanta, 2 pass happy teams......so it made sense at the time.

What didn't make sense was Sciano (sp?) The HC playing a more zone based defense, basically negating the best corner in the game by not playing to his strengths. Then once he got fired after that season the new GM and Lovie realized it didn't make sense to pay Revis that much because they also run the Tampa 2 Zone D, but we're smart enough to realize paying the best man corner $16mil per season to play zone didn't make sense when they could get Verner at a cheaper price and he's excelled in zone.

So at the time it made sense as they needed a secondary.......just scheme wise it didn't and it didn't for the guys who replaced them the following year either. For a guy like Bowles or Rex it would of made much more sense obviously as Revis is the best at man, which is what they run.

They did win 7 games the year before with the worst pass defense (or among the top 3 worst I believe), Freeman had 27 TDs and 17 INTs, they had offensive weapons but needed a secondary and we're in a division with New Orleans and Atlanta, 2 pass happy teams......so it made sense at the time.

What didn't make sense was Sciano (sp?) The HC playing a more zone based defense, basically negating the best corner in the game by not playing to his strengths. Then once he got fired after that season the new GM and Lovie realized it didn't make sense to pay Revis that much because they also run the Tampa 2 Zone D, but we're smart enough to realize paying the best man corner $16mil per season to play zone didn't make sense when they could get Verner at a cheaper price and he's excelled in zone.

So at the time it made sense as they needed a secondary.......just scheme wise it didn't and it didn't for the guys who replaced them the following year either. For a guy like Bowles or Rex it would of made much more sense obviously as Revis is the best at man, which is what they run.

Totally agree. That's why I said it never made any sense to begin with and when they realized it, the new HC tried to trade him away for anything. Had Revis signed an original contract where his 2014 cap hit was 12-13 mil, Tampa would have been able to get at least a 2nd in return. But at 16mil, no one wanted to bite the bullet or jump the gun.

Archived