would this board be in full meltdown

ylekram

if rex was still in charge and Williams was the pick? lol. Williams and cooper,imo, were the only 2 blue chippers available this draft. all the others have high upside and question marks. . the only other move the jets could make was to trade back. seems they tried. I love this kid Williams. seems to try to "body slam" every player he tackles. seems unstoppable and viscous. the competition on the d-line is going to be relentless. nobody on this d-line wants to be known as the 4th best.

if rex was still in charge and Williams was the pick? lol. Williams and cooper,imo, were the only 2 blue chippers available this draft. all the others have high upside and question marks. . the only other move the jets could make was to trade back. seems they tried. I love this kid Williams. seems to try to "body slam" every player he tackles. seems unstoppable and viscous. the competition on the d-line is going to be relentless. nobody on this d-line wants to be known as the 4th best.

New regime gets a clean slate, but yes..if Rex made this pick it would be SOJ...not Rex so it's a great move.

All that really matters though is that the Jets just landed the top-rated player in the draft with the sixth pick...it's a good day.

It is rather unfortunate that this pick would be abhorred more if it were made under Rex.

New regime gets a clean slate and extended line of credit from the fan base, so it's heavily lauded instead.

I just hope this parallels when Sapp fell to TB 20 years ago.

A potential that is limitless and a material piece that can possibly significantly contribute to a championship caliber defense like the 2000 Ravens or 2002 Buccaneers.

Have thy built this up to be a defense that can carry a team to SB victory? Maybe.........

It is rather unfortunate that this pick would be abhorred more if it were made under Rex.

New regime gets a clean slate and extended line of credit from the fan base, so it's heavily lauded instead.

I just hope this parallels when Sapp fell to TB 20 years ago.

A potential that is limitless and a material piece that can possibly significantly contribute to a championship caliber defense like the 2000 Ravens or 2002 Buccaneers.

Have thy built this up to be a defense that can carry a team to SB victory? Maybe.........

Very true...people lost their minds when the Jets took Richardson.  Idizk was "Rex's puppet" and Rex was making more senseless D-line picks.  

So while there's no need to go crazy over this pick, we know the fan base went crazy the last time it happened so it would have only been magnified this year.

That being said...not an issue.  Jets got the consensus best "non QB" in the draft and Bowles is going to have more talent at his disposal than any Jets team I've ever seen.  Should be great things on the horizon and that's where the focus should be.

Archived