NFL top 100: Brandon Marshall #57, Sheldon Richardson #55

Larz

Regarding Marshall, Fitzmagic, or both?

Both. Just kidding; seriously Marshall is elite.  Injuries slowed him last year but prior to that had seasons as good as just about any receiver in football.   Jeffreys definitely benefited by having #15 on the other side of the field. 

If true that Marshall is still a top 10 guy (and top 60 overall) then that makes the Bears incredibly stupid.  He hadn't yet pulled a Holmes where the Steelers were so tired of him they jettisoned him for very little.  Unless I'm horribly mistaken, Marshall had been a pretty decent citizen the last few years, no?

Used to be.  Not anymore.  Especially not after the tremendous influx of WR talent into the league last year.  Hence why we got him for the same trade compensation as we did Santonio Holmes.

He was hurt last year so that is not a good comparison.  

Here are his 2013 stats: 

Receptions  - 100        Yards - 1,295       Avg   Yards Per Catch - 13.0      Avg Yards per Game - 80.9     Long  - 44        Touchdowns - 12

He is 100% healthy and is going to beast this year. 

If true that Marshall is still a top 10 guy (and top 60 overall) then that makes the Bears incredibly stupid.  He hadn't yet pulled a Holmes where the Steelers were so tired of him they jettisoned him for very little.  Unless I'm horribly mistaken, Marshall had been a pretty decent citizen the last few years, no?

BINGO WE HAVE A WINNER!! 

Bears are trying to sabotage Cutler, it's the only logical thing I can think of for why Chicago dumped Marshall like they did. Marshall was easily top 5 WR as soon as two years ago. He always struck me as a technique/possession type of receiver moreso than a guy that gets by on pure speed, so he should have at least several more productive years left in the tank.

Marshall does not have to be a top 10 guy for the Bears to be incredibly stupid. 

Exhibit A: cd0ymzcznguwzdbhnduynddiytjhm2yyzthlmtjj

Archived