Sheldon and Mo doing well rushing from the edge

jetscrazey

I wasn't aware of the 120% clause. I only did avg top 5 contracts. So by that alone, Mo gets bumped up to either $11.7M by avg or $14.4M by 120% rule. Watts BULL$hit contract bumps up the avg by $2M but he is exceptional, Mo is yet to prove he is congruent for that type of remuneration. 

Mo is worth ~$12M in terms of value; Market bumps him to $14.75M/Yr.  :-( 

Looking at 3-4 DE salaries for 2016, the franchise tag is about $12.6 mil for Mo. Not terrible, but I'd rather see that money be a part of a LT deal as guaranteed sum plus some. Because if we don't sign him to a LT deal, that tag shoots up to $15.1 mil in 2017, bringing his two year salary to almost $28 mil. So a 5-year $60 mil deal with $24 m guaranteed doesn't sound like a horrible deal at all considering he's probably 2nd best behind JJ in the league. 

Looking at 3-4 DE salaries for 2016, the franchise tag is about $12.6 mil for Mo. Not terrible, but I'd rather see that money be a part of a LT deal as guaranteed sum plus some. Because if we don't sign him to a LT deal, that tag shoots up to $15.1 mil in 2017, bringing his two year salary to almost $28 mil. So a 5-year $60 mil deal with $24 m guaranteed doesn't sound like a horrible deal at all considering he's probably 2nd best behind JJ in the league. 

You missed the part of the rule that said the avg of the top 5 players at that position or 120% of the previous years salary whichever is larger..What math equation did you use to get 12.6 when his 2015 pay was around 7 million for 2015?? :blink:

You missed the part of the rule that said the avg of the top 5 players at that position or 120% of the previous years salary whichever is larger..What math equation did you use to get 12.6 when his 2015 pay was around 7 million for 2015?? :blink:

His $7 mil 2015 salary has nothing to do with the 2016 franchise tag. But I did underestimate the value as I only counted 3-4 DEs salary. The 4-3 DE salaries are even more outrageous. With Mario Williams likely to get cut, the salaries of Calais (15.25), JJ Watt (14.5), Charles Johnson (15), Chris Long (14.25) and Caneron Jordan (12.8 mil) average $14.36 mil. Mario Williams counts 19.9 mil against the cap and if his salary is figured into the tag, it becomes $15.8 mil. 

Get ready for a 6 year 100+ mil demand. 

image.jpeg

His $7 mil 2015 salary has nothing to do with the 2016 franchise tag. But I did underestimate the value as I only counted 3-4 DEs salary. The 4-3 DE salaries are even more outrageous. With Mario Williams likely to get cut, the salaries of Calais (15.25), JJ Watt (14.5), Charles Johnson (15), Chris Long (14.25) and Caneron Jordan (12.8 mil) average $14.36 mil. Mario Williams counts 19.9 mil against the cap and if his salary is figured into the tag, it becomes $15.8 mil. 

Get ready for a 6 year 100+ mil demand. 

His agent is probably already there Mo may be playing elsewhere in 2016.. BTW so they got rid of the 120% of salary from the previous year rule from 2015??

120% would be a 20% raise. I guess they do that so the top guys don't take a pay cut. 

the 120% rule is there to prohibit the player getting tagged again going forward. From 14.4 mil, the next year tag for Mo would be about 17.3 mil in 2017 and 20.7 mil in 2018. These are prohibitive tag numbers so teams can not continue tagging and would eventually let the player test the FA. 

Archived