Auto-fill, etc

This will probably get moved, but if I post it here maybe I'll finally get a response. What's the deal guys? There's posts where I'm typing stuff out and it gets so bad I say screw it and don't even finish the  because I don't feel like taking the role of teacher and correcting an 8 year olds' vocab test. I know I'm not the only one. 

What I am reading has you saying: There is posts here and then you call other people out on vocabulary. Maybe I am reading this wrong. But I am clearing not understanding what the problem or topic is here.

This will probably get moved, but if I post it here maybe I'll finally get a response. What's the deal guys? There's posts where I'm typing stuff out and it gets so bad I say screw it and don't even finish the  because I don't feel like taking the role of teacher and correcting an 8 year olds' vocab test. I know I'm not the only one. 

You mean other peoples grammar issues? 

BTW, are we really acting like this hasn't been brought up before on multiple threads?

This is the first time that I am reading this. Did you start a thread on it in the feedback forum before? If we don't know about it we can't fix it.

We have 3,000 posts here today alone. We have a blog and some pretty big social media accounts that we produce content for. I know that I can't read everything and my point is, a PM with a heads up...or a thread in the feedback forum always is helpful.

Now all that being said, IPB doesn't have an autofill feature. So it sounds like this is something that is happening on YOUR browser. I don't have autofill enabled on my browser.

If you tell me what O\S and browser you are using, I would be happy to help you disable the setting on your device. But IPB isn't responsible for this and we don't have anything installed on the server that makes suggestions on what you should type.

It's android. 

If i backspace to a word and then hit the spacebar the word in front of that  disappears.  Sometimes if I go back to correct a spelling mistake it adds lettersters or even adds the entire word back to the intended word.  So words will say something like JetsJets. 

The word 'letters'  up above is a perfect exexample of what I'm talking about. So is the word 'example' in the last sentence.  

It's android. 

If i backspace to a word and then hit the spacebar the word in front of that  disappears.  Sometimes if I go back to correct a spelling mistake it adds lettersters or even adds the entire word back to the intended word.  So words will say something like JetsJets. 

The word 'letters'  up above is a perfect exexample of what I'm talking about. So is the word 'example' in the last sentence.  

I have an Android phone, I will take a look at it this week. I am just glad that it isn't the site that is doing this. 

Should be pretty easy to fix, like I said it doesn't do that for me when I post from my phone.

Archived