Smurfs Mafia - Game Thread

Gone

4 minutes ago, StraightCash said:

You're trying to be too clean. Come jump in the mud with everyone else, or die.

Respect your elders son., if i cared enough to put up a fight i can assure you that you'd be the one swinging. Now go wipe the snot off your nose and wash up before dinner

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

This is probably the worst thing about holding back your opinions, because if you do, and someone else has the same opinion and says it first, then you're--rightfully--seen as "following their lead" or "echoing them". I also just gone done with a minor back and forth with Ape because of my lack of game content. Now I'm trying to throw my opinions out more, and immediately getting--essentially--FOSed because of it. But, it is a fair point.

This is true, and I usually slow play

However, the difference here is the timing. This comes right after ape and leelou were rattling your cage about not contributing. I'm wondering if you are naive enough as a noob to believe that ape is actually good at this game and/or an effective town leader.(he's not). So i'm wondering if you are trying to move closer to ape knowing his arrogance is going to give him a momentary blind spot to you, not realizing of course that eventuallyl his insecurity and paranoia will take over and he'll bite the hand attempting to feed him

4 minutes ago, CTM said:

However, the difference here is the timing. This comes right after ape and leelou were rattling your cage about not contributing. I'm wondering if you are naive enough as a noob to believe that ape is actually good at this game and/or an effective town leader.(he's not). So i'm wondering if you are trying to move closer to ape knowing his arrogance is going to give him a momentary blind spot to you, not realizing of course that eventuallyl his insecurity and paranoia will take over and he'll bite the hand attempting to feed him

So you think Ape is town?

7 minutes ago, CTM said:

I'll add to the above. This post doesn't ring like you think Ape is town. It rings like you KNOW Ape is town. Because according to you, Spoot is either scum and employing GBtA, or he is town and thinks Ape is a good town leader. Do I have that right?

1 minute ago, StraightCash said:

I'll add to the above. This post doesn't ring like you think Ape is town. It rings like you KNOW Ape is town. Because according to you, Spoot is either scum and employing GBtA, or he is town and thinks Ape is a good town leader. Do I have that right?

It implies I think Ape is town and I potentially think Spoot is playing GBtA. Under this theory Spoot is scum which makes it more likely Ape is town based on earlier interaction.

Plus is was an opportunity to insult ape and invoke a lengthy response about he's actually a good player if god darn't he could just get out of his own way, hrmpf!. But now you ruined that. 

ehh, maybe not ruined. He may be unable to not respond regardless of whether or not he knows i expected it.

2 minutes ago, CTM said:

I thought their "rattling of my cage" was 100% warranted. I wasn't posting much game content and was merely coasting through with jokes. Their pressure--Ape's more than Leelou's--was what brought me into the game, and now I'm trying to participate more on a serious level. So, it's not really a coincidence on part of the timing. I see things in the thread, which in turns gives me the idea to join in or share a similar opinion.

Now, about your play. In my previous one and (a half?) games with you--which you were town for both--you seemed to always be more vocal and trying to take the role of the town leader--at least that's how I saw it. This inevitably would bring you to butt heads with Ape. I'm not seeing a lot of butting of heads. All I'm seeing is you throwing insults and funny jokes in his direction, and all around trying to throw attention in his direction, but it doesn't read as the same as your previous games. Maybe it's just a slow game so far; I don't know. The point is I see a difference in your play and it's caught my eye.

1 minute ago, Spoot-Face said:

I thought their "rattling of my cage" was 100% warranted. I wasn't posting much game content and was merely coasting through with jokes. Their pressure--Ape's more than Leelou's--was what brought me into the game, and now I'm trying to participate more on a serious level. So, it's not really a coincidence on part of the timing. I see things in the thread, which in turns gives me the idea to join in or share a similar opinion.

Now, about your play. In my previous one and (a half?) games with you--which you were town for both--you seemed to always be more vocal and trying to take the role of the town leader--at least that's how I saw it. This inevitably would bring you to butt heads with Ape. I'm not seeing a lot of butting of heads. All I'm seeing is you throwing insults and funny jokes in his direction, and all around trying to throw attention in his direction, but it doesn't read as the same as your previous games. Maybe it's just a slow game so far; I don't know. The point is I see a difference in your play and it's caught my eye.

color me surprised.

Your first game Ape was scum tellign all over the place and I went after him

the second game I remember agreeing with Ape about the whole neighbors thing for most of the game, there was a brief argument about my role but that was a reaction test by magilla

7 minutes ago, CTM said:

color me surprised.

Your first game Ape was scum tellign all over the place and I went after him

the second game I remember agreeing with Ape about the whole neighbors thing for most of the game, there was a brief argument about my role but that was a reaction test by magilla

You're correct about the first game. I didn't see the scum tells, but I'll agree that you went after him because you did.

But, my impression so far is that you and Ape butt heads a lot. Whether I'm right, wrong, fooled, or not, it's my impression, and I'm using it to form my opinion about you this game. And, I know I'm echoing others, but I've found your game a little lackluster so far. I mean, I've thoroughly enjoyed the sh*tting chimps, but you--as I--have gotten off to a slow start, content-wise, this game.

Just now, Spoot-Face said:

You're correct about the first game. I didn't see the scum tells, but I'll agree that you went after him because you did.

But, my impression so far is that you and Ape butt heads a lot. Whether I'm right, wrong, fooled, or not, it's my impression, and I'm using it to form my opinion about you this game. And, I know I'm echoing others, but I've found your game a little lackluster so far. I mean, I've thoroughly enjoyed the sh*tting chimps, but you--as I--have gotten off to a slow start, content-wise, this game.

We bust each others balls a lot and yes we butt heads if we land on different sides of an issue, as you've noticed ape is relentless and always has to get the last word in, and I cant be the same way when properly motivated.

But ape has this relationship with many people, him and slats used to be at each otehrs throats constantly, last 2 games brett, 80 last game. Usually ape is in the middle of whatever argument is going on, god bless his little heart

1 minute ago, CTM said:

We bust each others balls a lot and yes we butt heads if we land on different sides of an issue, as you've noticed ape is relentless and always has to get the last word in, and I cant be the same way when properly motivated.

But ape has this relationship with many people, him and slats used to be at each otehrs throats constantly, last 2 games brett, 80 last game. Usually ape is in the middle of whatever argument is going on, god bless his little heart

True, Ape does that with a lot of people. It's his nature. But my point was not how Ape was playing this game, but how you were playing.

It seems to me that you keep wanting me to look closer at Ape instead of you.

Just now, StraightCash said:

How has CTM turned this into a discussion about Ape and not about his own clean play?

scum scum scum 

wrong wrong wrong

how does one defend "clean play"

Stupid

How is play even clean on day 1? For all we know Hallia could be scum and I'm a grand idiot for trying to flick you nitwits off her train

Just now, Spoot-Face said:

True, Ape does that with a lot of people. It's his nature. But my point was not how Ape was playing this game, but how you were playing.

It seems to me that you keep wanting me to look closer at Ape instead of you.

huh? I've said about 3 times I think Ape is town?

Now i am trying to get you to lead a lynch on him?

Just now, CTM said:

wrong wrong wrong

Stupid

How is play even clean on day 1? For all we know Hallia could be scum and I'm a grand idiot for trying to flick you nitwits off her train

I'm not asking you to defend sh*t, I'm asking you to actively get involved in somebody's lynch. So far all you have done is supported lynching nobody. it makes you always look like a good guy because no one will turn the OMGUS cannon on you.

1 minute ago, StraightCash said:

I'm not asking you to defend sh*t, I'm asking you to actively get involved in somebody's lynch. So far all you have done is supported lynching nobody. it makes you always look like a good guy because no one will turn the OMGUS cannon on you.

OMGUS cannon? I think spoot is doing exactly that if you haven't noticed

2 minutes ago, CTM said:

wrong wrong wrong

Stupid

LOL

Brett: "I think CTM is purposely playing clean".

CTM: "Whoa, whoa, whoa, slow your roll there, boy. First, we must ask ourselves, what is "clean play."

*CTM takes another toke, absently twirls the long braids of his faded, Rastafarian hat, and stares up at the ceiling as if reading the wisdom from the universe itself.*

"Before you judge another's play, you must first judge your own play."

5 minutes ago, CTM said:

huh? I've said about 3 times I think Ape is town?

Now i am trying to get you to lead a lynch on him?

wrong wrong wrong

You are just putting words in my fingers.

Stupid

I mean that you simply don't want me to look at your play.

5 minutes ago, StraightCash said:

You aren't off the hook here either. You planning to vote anyone today?

If you mean "today" as in, this real life day, then probably not.

I will put a vote in before the deadline, though.

So far I'm leaning Leelou, Verb, and now CTM a bit. 80's close.

4 minutes ago, CTM said:

you know you want to vote me spootie

don't be a pussy

:D

I yam what I yam, and what I yam is a hairy vagina. Someone told me that once...

You are rising on my list, but that's only because of how you are reacting.

Also... should I be suspicious of how certain Brett seems to be of your scumminess, or is that just Brett being Brett. I honestly don't know right now.

49 minutes ago, CTM said:

Two things:

1. trollerific bastard

2. i see what you see

Archived