No charges for Shady McCoy

AFJF

In division rival news, looks like McCoy won't be charged.  

Heard a federal prosecutor say yesterday that he expected charges to go away in exchange for some cash from McCoy.  

24 hours later, no charges to be filed.

Figured things would play out this way but hoped the Bills would lose him for a bit.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/02/25/report-no-charges-for-lesean-mccoy/

How is this allowed if I may ask? These rampant pay offs?  In Canuckville there is really no such thing as plaintiffs pressing charges or not to my knowledge.  The cops do it and if anyone so much as got wind of a defendant paying off a plaintiff he'd be in large trouble for that as well.

20 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

How is this allowed if I may ask? These rampant pay offs?  In Canuckville there is really no such thing as plaintiffs pressing charges or not to my knowledge.  The cops do it and if anyone so much as got wind of a defendant paying off a plaintiff he'd be in large trouble for that as well.

It would make sense to assume there was a payoff, but maybe too difficult to prove?  Even if not,  supposedly some details in the whole story that could be embarrassing for the cops as well, so that may have played a role.  Payoff and a "fall guy" as Chris Carter referred to in the past makes the most sense IMO.

19 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Even if this is the case the NFL can and should still suspend him.  

I'm sure he'll hear from them, but was hoping he'd miss more significant time.

23 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

How is this allowed if I may ask? These rampant pay offs?  

the reason why this case isn't going forward is because it was a fight with his entourage vs off duty police officers. It doesn't appear that both sides are innocent. The city district attorney doesn't want to put city employees on the stand, to defend their off the clock (and very drunk) activities. 

Archived