Empire State Mafia: Game Thread

Jetsfan80

For there to be Mafia in the other mason trio of claims, they would have to all be Mafia together. That wouldn't make any sense otherwise.

Even so, in what world would a team take that risk this early? 

Also Lily's a town tracker and I don't see how you can think we can have different alignments as masons unless the moderator can lie to us. It's either all scum or all town for both groups to me.

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, deckerfan said:

Why are people opposed to there being five Masons?

I don't see an incentive for the other trio to fabricate the mason stuff before another mason group comes out 

Mostly because the object of the game is for scum to get town to lynch itself.

I haven't read the book, but our team being only two fits with what I know of the source material. At least the part surrounding us. Obviously, I can't be more specific because character reveals are outlawed. 

3 minutes ago, StraightCash said:

There we go!

My thoughts-

Opposed to 5 Mason's because 5/15 players would be able to get themselves as town. Also the 2 Mason vs 3 Mason seems off (not 3 vs 3)

They could have fabricated the Mason claim without thinking there was an actual Mason team, or you could have fabricated the Mason claim to go along with an already revealed Mason group. 

When you revealed, it made 2 Mason's vs 2 Mason's... Then they switched to 3, and now you seem to be missing one

since when do mason verse one another? Masons are town aligned.  STFU

1 hour ago, JiF said:

I'm starting to lean toward lynching Lily.

At least Brett's claim is vetted.  

If Lily is town, Brett's probably scum.  Or vice versa.  Obvi

How is Brett's claim "vetted" exactly?

1 hour ago, Lily said:

That's stupid. Lynch the non-PR if you must vet the mason teams. 

Which is exactly what they've been insisting we do. In fact, JIF went nuts accusing me of wanting to lynch a town power role... and now he's advocating it himself.

10 minutes ago, Lily said:

I haven't read the book, but our team being only two fits with what I know of the source material. At least the part surrounding us. Obviously, I can't be more specific because character reveals are outlawed. 

I think you are tip toeing the line here, leave the source material out of it, it's just a platform to add flavor 

1 hour ago, Lily said:

If you have to vet me, lynch Decker (sorry, Deck) which proves I'm telling the truth, when you see his flip. That also proves Brett is lying. 

Same goes for the other team. Lynch Jif or Crusher, and that vets Spoot. 

Why kill the PRs. That's just dumb. 

Only vets the existence of mason groups if they flip masons. It doesn't vet anything about alignment, or other roles being claimed.

1 hour ago, StraightCash said:

Yup, you've convinced me. Lynching one person on a Mason team will not sell me on the alignment of the rest. 

This.

1 hour ago, The Crusher said:

I'm not hammering Spoot you dumb sh*t.  Scum is getting town to kill itself off.  Fine we are bunch of idiots.  But a roles player instead of vanilla?  You guys are terrible

If we're being realistic here, you, spoot and jif are at the center of spoot being run up... so unless you're both scum and spoot is town, i don't see how this accusation makes any sense. Most of what you 3 are saying isn't making sense.

Also, more appeal to emotion from you.

1 minute ago, Integrity28 said:

Only vets the existence of mason groups if they flip masons. It doesn't vet anything about alignment, or other roles being claimed.

This.

If we're being realistic here, you, spoot and jif are at the center of spoot being run up... so unless you're both scum and spoot is town, i don't see how this accusation makes any sense. Most of what you 3 are saying isn't making sense.

Also, more appeal to emotion from you.

Dude Spoot was at L4 or so before I revealed. So no. Your just lied. STFU

2 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Dude Spoot was at L4 or so before I revealed. So no. Your just lied. STFU

I didn't lie. You, JIF and Spoot are sh*tting all over yourselves for about 20 pages now. That's why he's in the crosshairs, not because of scum. It's more likely that town has perked up to attack all the stupid you 3 have forced into this game like a hemp and coffee enema into CTM's butt. 

Lied. LOL you're making some really, really desperate remarks... not sure why nobody else is ripping you for them.

3 minutes ago, Lily said:

So, let me get this straight. Ape, you don't think masons are masons. You think they are actually neighbors just called masons? 

I think that we have to strongly consider the following:

1. We know there are at least 2 killing factions, probably scum and silent killer (sk assumption is based on how many town roles we've got being claimed)

2. Masons + trackers and watchers + any other potential investigative roles = almost impossible to balance if all town, with only 15 players

3. There is no evidence yet, that both of the mason teams are telling the truth, meaning one may just be a lying scum team, therefore why would I ever assume all 5 of these mason members are anything at this juncture?

4. 80 has already screwed up the mason role in a past game, making it a mix of scum/town - so, while I insist that mason is a town exclusive role, it doesn't preclude me from considering his particular history in not using the role right

I think that that's what I think. For now. Maybe.

1 hour ago, StraightCash said:

Honestly do we need a replacement for Ballin? 

Ballin and Decker are starting to really annoy me, Calder gets the benefit of the doubt because he just joined but I see him reading below time/time but no posts.

We will never reach 7 votes with all these counter claims without everybody participating

I will be caught up soon. I was already in an ongoing game when I subbed in. But, will be active in a bit.

2 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

I think that we have to strongly consider the following:

1. We know there are at least 2 killing factions, probably scum and silent killer (sk assumption is based on how many town roles we've got being claimed)

2. Masons + trackers and watchers + any other potential investigative roles = almost impossible to balance if all town, with only 15 players

3. There is no evidence yet, that both of the mason teams are telling the truth, meaning one may just be a lying scum team, therefore why would I ever assume all 5 of these mason members are anything at this juncture?

4. 80 has already screwed up the mason role in a past game, making it a mix of scum/town - so, while I insist that mason is a town exclusive role, it doesn't preclude me from considering his particular history in not using the role right

I think that that's what I think. For now. Maybe.

I know what I know, and that makes it hard to see your pov, but I do respect the way you lay it out there and are willing to say maybe at the end. 

Since the masons have created a stalemate of sorts, why not go SK hunting?

Hess has been shepherding a lot of action, without really doing anything that would stick to him. His D1 case on Verbal was a bit audacious, reminiscent of Jaws. I'd make him a suspect for SK.

AVM tip-toed around me D1, but was super-defensive to JIF, and then went dark. He'd be a secondary suspect.

NOPSL played with bloodlust, not sure he'd do that with scum mates coaching him, still could leave him out there as SK.

Ballin "forgot about the game".

If I had to make a short list of SK right now: Hess, Ballin, AVM in that order.

1 minute ago, Lily said:

Thanks, I think. 

100% sincere. I thought I was reading you as town early, even though everyone was saying you were being scummy. Now, you've got me scratching my head. The best mafia players know how to float in the middle, so their alignment is never obvious. You're doing a good job of that now. :)

Just now, Integrity28 said:

Hess has been shepherding a lot of action, without really doing anything that would stick to him. His D1 case on Verbal was a bit audacious, reminiscent of Jaws. I'd make him a suspect for SK.

AVM tip-toed around me D1, but was super-defensive to JIF, and then went dark. He'd be a secondary suspect.

NOPSL played with bloodlust, not sure he'd do that with scum mates coaching him, still could leave him out there as SK.

Agree on Hess. Don't like the way he played. I tracked AVM. He didn't go anywhere. 

1 minute ago, Integrity28 said:

AVM has an out that if (big if) Lily is being honest, AVM didn't move last night 

3 minutes ago, StraightCash said:

AVM has an out that if (big if) Lily is being honest, AVM didn't move last night 

Except Lily is claiming the same role as you, so until that resolves. I don't give a sh*t. :)

My reads:

1.  Brett – claimed Tracker – is scum

2.  Ape – Reads town to me

3.  JiF – claimed mason with Crusher, Spoot

4.  CTM – Reads town to me

5. Hess

6. Ballin

7. NoPenis/Calder

8. Crusher – claimed mason with Jif, Spoot

9. Spoot – claimed mason Watcher with Jif, Crusher

10.  AVM

11.  deckerfan - town

12.  Lily - town

15.  Leelou – claimed doc

By POE, all but one of the rest are anti-town. 

Since y'all don't want to lynch Brett, lets try this:

Vote Hess

Archived