Forget Fitz, Geno, Glennon

Augustiniak

Mccags is the first real gm this team has had in a very long time.  He inherited a bad team (good teams typically don't change gms) with clear qb problems.  He came from a team that struggled to get over the hump with hoyer and schaub.  Do we, the jets insider castaways, really think that any of these guys is mccags' answer?  I'd rather mccags take a few swings for the fences and hope one gets over the wall.  while there are a few exceptions the only consistent approach to winning a division and contending for a super bowl bid is to find a real qb and build around that guy.  i am stating here that mccags is less concerned about guys like brick and fitz and his first priority is finding that qb.  in 2-3 years, he will have to answer to woody if he hasn't found the qb that bradway, tanny and idzik also couldn't find.  as a gm you either find a qb or you get replaced.  i ask the board what gm is considered 'good' who hasn't drafted/acquired a qb who was at least pretty good?  

14 hours ago, Augustiniak said:

Mccags is the first real gm this team has had in a very long time.  He inherited a bad team (good teams typically don't change gms) with clear qb problems.  He came from a team that struggled to get over the hump with hoyer and schaub.  Do we, the jets insider castaways, really think that any of these guys is mccags' answer?  I'd rather mccags take a few swings for the fences and hope one gets over the wall.  while there are a few exceptions the only consistent approach to winning a division and contending for a super bowl bid is to find a real qb and build around that guy.  i am stating here that mccags is less concerned about guys like brick and fitz and his first priority is finding that qb.  in 2-3 years, he will have to answer to woody if he hasn't found the qb that bradway, tanny and idzik also couldn't find.  as a gm you either find a qb or you get replaced.  i ask the board what gm is considered 'good' who hasn't drafted/acquired a qb who was at least pretty good?  

I don't care how good a talent evaluator your Gm is.  Picking the Qb position is one of the toughest position to correctly pick.( better keep taking one some where in the draft,  till you find one) 

If it was so easy to pick a Qb than Tom Brady doesn't make it to the sixth round. Kurt Warner and Tony Romo don't go undrafted.   .  My point is no one really knows anything about drafting Qb's , as it does take a little luck to find the right one for your team. 

Very rare there is a Peyton Manning/ Andrew Luck type of prospect in the draft. ( where the jets are picking wouldn't have a shot at that guy anyways).

Archived