Cowboys trade?

Joe Jets fan

6 hours ago, Villain The Foe said:

I agree with DAL possibly looking to find Romo's replacement. I hear alot of Dallas and Elliot, but I think that the cowboys have no choice but to go QB right here. They signed Alfred Morris and kept their other RB's. They either go with a guy like Goff at #4 or they possibly trade down, which allows a guys like Goff/Lynch to fall to the 49er's and Rams. If Dallas is at #20 they could possibly take a DT here as well, taking care of the DE/DT spots with the Wilkerson trade and maybe a guy like Billings or maybe even getting a guy like Karl Joseph from WV with the 20th pick and picking up a guy like Connor Cook in the 2nd round. 

Think about it. If Romo is able to play the entire season then they've provided Wilkerson and a very good rookie DT or S while allowing Cook to develop. If he does get hurt then you can toss the season to the rookie and they still have given him some quality players on defense. 

If they draft Goff then great, but Romo doesnt have Wilk, maybe Billings or Joseph if they are available in the 2nd round but you will depending alot on rookies and they still wouldnt have Wilkerson. 

I could see Dallas trading down and taking a chance. They could cover 3 positions, 1 of them with a pro bowler, by doing this. And you never know, maybe a guy like Lynch ends up falling to 20 and is the surprise of the draft. Now they traded down, got Wilkerson and they still have a shot at picking up a guy like Lynch.

Unfortunately you're dealing with Jerry Jones, 2014 Exec of the Year.  So much for the integrity of that award.

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived