Roger Goodell mulls 18-game slate, Presidents Day weekend Super Bowl

These guys where worn out during this year's playoffs.

To me the defense in the playoffs are no longer dominant and I blamed the long season.

Go back to 13 games and dollar hot dogs and I'll be very happy.

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, Beerfish said:

The CFL moved to an 18 game sched with 2 ex games when they at one time having 16 games and 4 ex games.

It has worked really well o be honest.

The what?

My brother, just accept that no one here cares about your Canadian Federation of Labour.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3

11 hours ago, Beerfish said:

Warren Moon was so damn good.

My fantasy QB every year when I was a kid.

Attended an event a few years ago where I was expected to act like a "professional" and as the elevator doors open, who's walking in as I'm walking out?  Warren Moon.  The kid in me wanted to start screaming and rambling about what a big fan I was.  Had to pretend I didn't even notice him and go about my business.

47 minutes ago, Jets and Redskins said:

Only a matter of time before this happens.

How much time?  What is taking them so long?  Even if they don't have an 18 game season, I'd be fine with another bye or start the season 1 week later.  Whatever it takes to have the day after the SB off.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, AFJF said:

My fantasy QB every year when I was a kid.

Attended an event a few years ago where I was expected to act like a "professional" and as the elevator doors open, who's walking in as I'm walking out?  Warren Moon.  The kid in me wanted to start screaming and rambling about what a big fan I was.  Had to pretend I didn't even notice him and go about my business.

I live in Edmonton the city he played his CFL ball.   Huge fan of the team and probably at the peak of my years of being a sports fan.  It took about 2 games to see he was ridiculously good and out of place and no way he should have been in the CFL.  Took 5 years and 5 championships for the NFL to realize this.  Was great for us as fans of the Edmonton Eskimos, 5 Grey Cups in a row.  There was 100% legit about 5 players on those teams that should have been in the NFL.

• Upvote 2

Nothing like horning in on another holiday, where people do things they otherwise couldn’t because it’s a holiday 

oh well at least it won’t be on my birthday anymore 

14 hours ago, Barton said:

Goodell is such a money sucking whore. 

And we’re football hungry whores who will totally buy in and suck every game in.

BTW, it’s the owners who want this, who are the money sucking whores.  Goodell’s life is probably much easier with a 16 game schedule.  

34 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

I live in Edmonton the city he played his CFL ball.   Huge fan of the team and probably at the peak of my years of being a sports fan.  It took about 2 games to see he was ridiculously good and out of place and no way he should have been in the CFL.  Took 5 years and 5 championships for the NFL to realize this.  Was great for us as fans of the Edmonton Eskimos, 5 Grey Cups in a row.  There was 100% legit about 5 players on those teams that should have been in the NFL.

Flutie was a good NFL'er (I know he went NFL -> CFL -> NFL).

• Upvote 1

19 hours ago, Beerfish said:

The Eskies were a damn good team. Kicked our buts (the Als) a few times.

personally I don't like the idea of SB on President's weekend.  I always looked at the 3 day weekend as a nice break in the winter from commitment of any kind, free to travel, veg out, or do whatever. I certainly don't need to commit another weekend to the NFL, it's overkill at this point.