Sam Bradford: I'm just going to put this here.

Integrity28

9 minutes ago, Greenseed4 said:

Appearing on 97.5 The Fanatic in Pennsylvania on Wednesday, ESPN's Adam Schefter said a fourth-round pick plus a player could be a trade offer for Sam Bradford.

It's unclear if that's an offer the Eagles have received or if that's their asking price, but either way, NFL Network's Jeff Darlington reports Philly's asking price remains very high. They're likely looking for at least two early-round picks comparable to the Alex Smith and Carson Palmer trades a few years back. The only team that has allegedly reached out to the Eagles is the Broncos.

Philly can stick it where the sun don't shine.  Bradford already said he won't play for them.  If we're trading that, I'd much rather take a shot at a lesser known quantity (hoping he has upside without the injuries) like Glennon.  Obviously we'd have to work something out to keep Glennon around for a 2nd year without him demanding a deal like Osweiler got.  But maybe Glennon would be okay w/ that considering he hasn't yet made a name for himself.  Maybe a 2nd year extension (team option) at something like $8M for a chance to start this year.

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Big Blocker said:

More reports suggest the Jets are more likely to go the Lynch route, so this option looks increasingly unlikely for that reason alone.  I get going high draft pick to get a Qb to be sure for all the obvious reasons.  And if they do that I will hope Lynch becomes the franchise Qb that this team has gone so long without.  But I have my doubts about him.

But it is grossly unfair to call Bradford a retread.  He is only 28, had a solid run down the stretch last year, threw for 65% when he had tons of dropped passes, and yes if the rest of the team were to hold up, I would not rule out a SB run with him.  And he is completely healthy right now.

But as a fan if the Jets are forced to overpay Fitzpatrick or choose not to do that, then Geno Smith may be the starting Qb, and that would lead me to find something else to do on Sunday afternoons.  I cannot feel good about letting it slide.

We'd be his 3rd team in 3 years. Whatever his health situation is here in April, he simply can't stay healthy & is therefore unreliable for a SB run. Plus his arm just isn't what it once was, regardless of his age. Then there are those 2 other things: the Eagles want too much to part with him, and it's already been leaked the team isn't interested in him anyway, so that's that. Unless something changes over the summer.

Also the Jets would never be "forced" to overpay Fitzpatrick. Whether they pay him or not is 100% optional. I don't think they see Smith as an option either, based on Woody's recent comments (which he's either getting from his HC/GM or will be passing down to them from above). That said, if it was just for the first 2-6 weeks to hold the seat warm for a rookie who's almost ready to take the field when the season starts, it matters not. We're not winning with Fitzpatrick anyway, looking over our schedule through mid-October. We couldn't even handle the Bills or QB-less Texans when we had Snacks and with a year-younger Revis, and Marshall having a season he's unlikely to repeat. 

Sam Bradford does not want to re-join Chip Kelly, Jets don't want Bradford

The trade market for Sam Bradford appears to be down to, well, not many teams. NFL Network reporter Jeff Darlington said on the radio that the New York Jets are not interested in Bradford, and Bradford is not interested in a reunion with Chip Kelly. This follows a Monday evening report that said the Broncos had inquired about Bradford, but felt the Eagles asking price was too high.

And so, much like with Colin Kaepernick's trade request, Sam Bradford is not going anywhere for the time being. The differences between these two requests is two-fold: 1) Bradford has already been paid $11 million and the Eagles would have to eat that dead money, while 2) the Broncos want either Kaepernick to take a pay cut for 2016, or the 49ers to pay some portion of his salary. Both situations are nice and awkward.

Just for the heck of it, I've dropped in a poll below. I don't actually think Colin Kaepernick and Sam Bradford will be traded for each other, but I might as well include it as an option.

47 minutes ago, Greenseed4 said:

Appearing on 97.5 The Fanatic in Pennsylvania on Wednesday, ESPN's Adam Schefter said a fourth-round pick plus a player could be a trade offer for Sam Bradford.

It's unclear if that's an offer the Eagles have received or if that's their asking price, but either way, NFL Network's Jeff Darlington reports Philly's asking price remains very high. They're likely looking for at least two early-round picks comparable to the Alex Smith and Carson Palmer trades a few years back. The only team that has allegedly reached out to the Eagles is the Broncos.

:rl: 

It wouldn't even be a slam dunk good idea to take on his contract for a conditional 7th like they got for Sanchez.

At least two early-round picks. At least.

59 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

We'd be his 3rd team in 3 years. Whatever his health situation is here in April, he simply can't stay healthy & is therefore unreliable for a SB run. Plus his arm just isn't what it once was, regardless of his age. Then there are those 2 other things: the Eagles want too much to part with him, and it's already been leaked the team isn't interested in him anyway, so that's that. Unless something changes over the summer.

Also the Jets would never be "forced" to overpay Fitzpatrick. Whether they pay him or not is 100% optional. I don't think they see Smith as an option either, based on Woody's recent comments (which he's either getting from his HC/GM or will be passing down to them from above). That said, if it was just for the first 2-6 weeks to hold the seat warm for a rookie who's almost ready to take the field when the season starts, it matters not. We're not winning with Fitzpatrick anyway, looking over our schedule through mid-October. We couldn't even handle the Bills or QB-less Texans when we had Snacks and with a year-younger Revis, and Marshall having a season he's unlikely to repeat. 

You seem to know a lot about Bradford's future, but as far as the Jets are concerned I am not prepared to assume this will be a losing season no matter what moves are made.  All I meant by Fitz is that they are at an impasse with him and may not reach an agreement, in which case Smith may end up being the starter.  Some here may be fine with that option; I am not.  I think it would flat out suck.

1 hour ago, Big Blocker said:

You seem to know a lot about Bradford's future, but as far as the Jets are concerned I am not prepared to assume this will be a losing season no matter what moves are made.  All I meant by Fitz is that they are at an impasse with him and may not reach an agreement, in which case Smith may end up being the starter.  Some here may be fine with that option; I am not.  I think it would flat out suck.

I don't think much of Bradford, but I'll grant you that we have a better chance of being a contender with him than with Fitz solely because he's a bit of an x-factor that Fitz isn't. We play too many good teams and against such opposition Fitz is just a loser (unless the D shuts down an opponent that also has a weak/weakened D, in which case you could almost be the QB). But my confidence level in that happening with Bradford isn't high, and I wouldn't touch that contract of his.

Based on what we've seen out of him so far, I'm not ok with Smith as the starter either, unless it's kind of a wink-wink let him start for the first month until Petty or a rookie gets in the extra 2-6 wks of needed practice time. But it's not a personal thing. If the light suddenly went on (if there's a light to be turned on), I'd be thrilled. If anyone could work out of run, I'm simply not picky about who it is. But that doesn't mean I'd sign up the team for $11M-$15M for 1 season of Bradford, let alone trade the pick(s) Philadelphia is allegedly seeking for him.

5 hours ago, SR24 said:

I'd trade for him pending a Mo Wilk trade. We trade Mo for a 2nd and a 4th then send a 4th to the eagles for Bradford. Bradford would also have to restructure that horrific contract. 1st Round take BPA (Hopefully Spence or Treadwell) then with the two 2nd round picks build up the oline to protect him. Give Bradford a decent oline for the first time in his career and with Marshall Decker Treadwell Amaro Enunwa and Forte, We could possibly get a few good years of QB play from him. A lot of what ifs haha

his contract is fine.  what do you dislike about it?  it's cheapish

Archived