How did you become a Jets fan? (we have new fans)

SouthernJet

Born in CA, raised in AZ...became a Jets fan in 1987 before AZ had a team. Raised in a family of avid football fans, my dad loved the 49ers, 2 brothers were Redskins and Saints fans. I'm don't recall the exact reason for loving the Jets, just did. Only a handful of Jets fans here in AZ and I take alot of crap, especially from my Packers husband...we all have to believe in something right!? I'll continue to be patient, I believe in Bowles, I think good things are coming! Never been to a home game, it's on my bucket list, but will in at the AZ vs NYJ in October! Go Jets!!!

Sincerely, the lone Jets fan in AZ

1 hour ago, Kleckineau said:

Whenever I got a bad report card my father would make me watch Jets games as punishment.

I saw a lot of games.

all the bad report cards also explain your posts ;)

I blame the Mets and Islanders. 

Plus my uncle, that drug addict piece of sh*t was only 10 years older than me, and when I was a youngster I looked up to him... he was a 3-sport beast... so I looked up to him, until I got older and realized he was a scumbag. I contemplated changing teams after he stole my birthday money to buy drugs... but, decided to stay a Jet fan because **** him.

I'm from Long Island, this is my ******* team.

Wait what?

Didnt you teach at my HS? ☺

LOL, sorry man, but you have to admit, you threw a very funny, yet a softball line in that post: (Whenever I got a bad report card my father would make me watch Jets games as punishment. I saw a lot of games.)

I couldnt resist taking a swing at that softball you threw ;) BLEED GREEN BROTHER!

Was 11 years old when Jets won Superbowl, so that and the AFL experience were exciting as a youngster. My father listened to both the Jets and Giants ( I remember Tarkenton throwing bombs to Homer Jones on the radio, and I liked the name Tucker Fredrickson). But living close to Shea stadium and a Met fan, being  a Jet fan was a natural.

16 hours ago, SouthernJet said:

LOL, sorry man, but you have to admit, you threw a very funny, yet a softball line in that post: (Whenever I got a bad report card my father would make me watch Jets games as punishment. I saw a lot of games.)

I couldnt resist taking a swing at that softball you threw ;) BLEED GREEN BROTHER!

HA no man its all good..............

And just like the Jets I never cheated.

Archived