Hard Knocks Observations

KRL

- Jared Goff isn't the "brightest bulb in the pack", not knowing that the sun rises
in the east and sets in the west is beyond brutal!!!  Did he ever attend a class at
CAL???  And if I'm trading "55 draft picks" to move up and draft him it would be nice
if he can handle a snap from center and call a play from the huddle

- It was hard not laughing as their QB coach (Chris Weinke) was "talking tough" to Goff
knowing how brutal he was as an NFL player

- I can't take Jeff Fisher seriously.  The new CBA restricts how many times you can put
players in pads.  On the first day that players can be in them he allows the back end
guys to butt heads in special teams drills and gives everyone else YOGA CLASSES!!!
Really???  No wonder he hasn't won 8 games since 2009

- I like their DLine coach (Waufle?) an old school Marine who shoots straight

- Other than that it felt like everyone was on his best "TV behavior"

* Terry Bradshaw was stupid and won 4 Super Bowls.  I'd be more concerned about his apparent inconsistency with accuracy.  He'll pick up the playbook eventually.  The Rams are smart to hand the job to Case Keenum initially.

* Weinke's treatment of Goff was polar opposite of the coddling we demonstrated towards Sanchez on Hard Knocks 2010.  World of difference. 

* I thought the Rams came off as a cutthroat team under Fisher, at least this year, and I think it's a good sign.  They're tired of "7-9 bullsh*t".  Fisher knows this is put up or shut up time for him.

* Waufle is the best DL coach in the NFL.

43 minutes ago, KRL said:

- Jared Goff isn't the "brightest bulb in the pack", not knowing that the sun rises
in the east and sets in the west is beyond brutal!!!  Did he ever attend a class at
CAL???  And if I'm trading "55 draft picks" to move up and draft him it would be nice
if he can handle a snap from center and call a play from the huddle

- It was hard not laughing as their QB coach (Chris Weinke) was "talking tough" to Goff
knowing how brutal he was as an NFL player

- I can't take Jeff Fisher seriously.  The new CBA restricts how many times you can put
players in pads.  On the first day that players can be in them he allows the back end
guys to butt heads in special teams drills and gives everyone else YOGA CLASSES!!!
Really???  No wonder he hasn't won 8 games since 2009

- I like their DLine coach (Waufle?) an old school Marine who shoots straight

- Other than that it felt like everyone was on his best "TV behavior"

Marine....Ooh Rahh

52 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

* Terry Bradshaw was stupid and won 4 Super Bowls.  I'd be more concerned about his apparent inconsistency with accuracy.  He'll pick up the playbook eventually.  The Rams are smart to hand the job to Case Keenum initially.

* Weinke's treatment of Goff was polar opposite of the coddling we demonstrated towards Sanchez on Hard Knocks 2010.  World of difference. 

* I thought the Rams came off as a cutthroat team under Fisher, at least this year, and I think it's a good sign.  They're tired of "7-9 bullsh*t".  Fisher knows this is put up or shut up time for him.

* Waufle is the best DL coach in the NFL.

After 21 years Fisher now knows he has to deliver?

He's had 6 double digit seasons in 21 years.

Hasn't had a winning record in 7 years. 

Eleven playoff games in twenty one years and won five of them. Three in that one year. Two wins in the other twenty. 

How does this guy have a job? 

24 minutes ago, NYs Stepchild said:

After 21 years Fisher now knows he has to deliver?

He's had 6 double digit seasons in 21 years.

Hasn't had a winning record in 7 years. 

Eleven playoff games in twenty one years and won five of them. Three in that one year. Two wins in the other twenty. 

How does this guy have a job? 

I'm not saying he's a great coach.  But he did take over a franchise that had the following records the 5 years prior to his arrival:

2007:  3-13

2008:  2-14

2009:  1-15

2010:  7-9

2011:  2-14

TOTAL:  15-65 (.188)

Since he took over in 2012, they've gone the following:

2012:  7-8-1

2013:  7-9

2014:  6-10

2015:  7-9

TOTAL:  27-36-1 (.422)

All this while playing in one of the NFL's toughest divisions (even still, last year they went 4-2 in NFC West games).  And they now have one of the most feared defenses in the NFL, and certainly the best 4-3 defensive line in football. 

Archived