Jets-Jags: Breakdown of first Offensive Series

Doggin94it

Main takeaway: I wonder if Dozier ends up pushing Winters for the starting RG job

KO Return:

Jets leave the first man down (coming in from the left) to Ross, who beats him to the middle.

This return belongs to Bohannon, who blows up one defender in the middle and then walls off another, single-handedly creating the huge hole Ross exploits

Play 1: Short completion to B. Marshall

Jets go empty, 5 wide (well, 4 + TE Kellen Davis) to start

Good pocket.  Fitz gets ball to second read for short gain on check down

Probably could have had Decker for a bigger play

Play 2: Offsides - hardcount gets NT to jump

Play 3: Powell run for 1st down

Power formation, Bohannon in offset I right

Wow, Brian Winters. Absolutely dominant block at the line to create the hole, and continues with a good block at the second level to help Powell extend the run.

Ijalana gets beat at the line by Odrick, but Powell makes a great move, getting small and sideways to beat Odrick and explode through the hole.

Play 4: Incomplete pass to Enunwa

Trips left, Powell motions wide right into an empty set

Davis runs a drag into the right flat

Winters gets bull rushed into Fitzpatrick's lap, leading to a poor throw.  Enunwa was open.

Play 5: Powell run L

Enunwa slot L, Bohannon & Powell in offset I left.

This play could have been a huge gain, but Bohannon whiffs on the LB - who tackles Powell for no gain.  Dozier and Clady did a great job washing their men to the left, while Mangold sealed his to the right.  An executed block by Bohanon would have left Powell to beat the safety for a big play.

Play 6: Sack

4 wide (J. Marshall), 1 back.

Fitz has Jalin on the out at the sticks, but pulls it down. Winters again gets bullrushed into Fitz' pocket, forcing him up and left into Clady's man.

6 hours ago, ljr said:

Good info thx!

Was Dozier impressive in pass protection ?   

He gave up 2 sacks, but other than that he looked pretty good. Winters gets pushed back on almost every play. He is, however a very good run blocker at this point.

I haven't seen Dozier in at RG at all so far so it doesn't look like they're getting him ready to take over.

Craig Watts (yes I know. Who? 3rd year Charger's practice squad 335lbs) played RG on the 2nd team and looked pretty damn good. Keep an eye on him. 

10 minutes ago, NYs Stepchild said:

He gave up 2 sacks, but other than that he looked pretty good. Winters gets pushed back on almost every play. He is, however a very good run blocker at this point.

I haven't seen Dozier in at RG at all so far so it doesn't look like they're getting him ready to take over.

Craig Watts (yes I know. Who? 3rd year Charger's practice squad 335lbs) played RG on the 2nd team and looked pretty damn good. Keep an eye on him. 

I'm a big Watts fan after reading some stuff about him, watching some SD PS games and then interviewing his college coach.

SD used him quite a bit at RT but I'm not sure he can play out there as a pro.

http://www.jetnation.com/2016/06/15/new-york-jets-khiry-robinson-craig-watts-hope-to-go-from-small-school-to-big-time/

Archived