ESPN Power Rankings

kevinc855

12 hours ago, NYs Stepchild said:

Why weren't they a playoff team last year? 

They weren't a playoff team for a couple of reasons.( said before the year they would be 8-8.   Let's see their secondary wasn't very good, MLB was major liability in coverage( trouble matching up with Te's all year., Amari Cooper playing half the season hobbled, and offenseline injuries crippled the offense the second half .( depth was a problem).

The Raiders upgrade every part of the team in Fa and the draft.   lets see in Fa added CB Sean Smith , SLb/ De Bruce Irvin, Fs Reggie Nelson , and K Osemele.  Drafted Ss Karl Joseph , Dl Jihad Ward( bigger version of last year stud Mario Edwards) and S Calhoun.

The biggest question on defense is inside lb, and the nickel CB.    Eventually will get Aldon Smith back that Bruce Irvin could move inside ( upgrade their coverage)

The Raiders have probably the second best offense line in the game behind the Cowboys.     This Raider team will definitely be a playoff team in 2016, just going to take a little time for this team to hit it's stride.( breaking in a lot of new pieces ).

Look like garbage against the Packers last night.  I could care less about the preseason as just be ready to play when the games count for real.

11 hours ago, RevisIsland610 said:

How many years have you been saying that? Isn't that what you said last year and they finished 7-9. I'll believe it when I see it. Seriously, when was the last time they had a winning record?

No I said last year they would be 8-8 ( playoffs were never the expectations last year).    This year anything less than the playoffs is a failure.  ( 

One year ago, the biggest question surrounding the Oakland Raiders’ roster was the play of the secondary. This offseason, General Manager Reggie McKenzie addressed the position group in a big way, signing cornerback Sean Smithicon-article-link.gif and safety Reggie Nelsonicon-article-link.gif, drafting safety Karl Josephicon-article-link.gif in the first round (No. 14 overall), as well as signing cornerback David Amersonicon-article-link.gif to a long-term extension.

So now, heading into 2016, which area of the roster is need of some help?

As of now, NFL Network National Insider Ian Rapoport doesn’t know if there is one.

“Go position group by position group, I don’t really know the weakness,” said Rapoport Tuesday. “It’s really difficult to see. Who’s the bad group? It’s not the offensive line. It’s not the receivers. It’s certainly not the defensive line, pass rushers are fine… it’s really interesting.”

I hope the Jets make the playoffs next year because the Raiders matchup extremely well to them.( forget last year game )

3 hours ago, Raideraholic said:

No I said last year they would be 8-8 ( playoffs were never the expectations last year).    This year anything less than the playoffs is a failure.  ( 

One year ago, the biggest question surrounding the Oakland Raiders’ roster was the play of the secondary. This offseason, General Manager Reggie McKenzie addressed the position group in a big way, signing cornerback Sean Smithicon-article-link.gif and safety Reggie Nelsonicon-article-link.gif, drafting safety Karl Josephicon-article-link.gif in the first round (No. 14 overall), as well as signing cornerback David Amersonicon-article-link.gif to a long-term extension.

So now, heading into 2016, which area of the roster is need of some help?

As of now, NFL Network National Insider Ian Rapoport doesn’t know if there is one.

“Go position group by position group, I don’t really know the weakness,” said Rapoport Tuesday. “It’s really difficult to see. Who’s the bad group? It’s not the offensive line. It’s not the receivers. It’s certainly not the defensive line, pass rushers are fine… it’s really interesting.”

I hope the Jets make the playoffs next year because the Raiders matchup extremely well to them.( forget last year game )

Like I said before, I'll believe it when I see it. Especially for a team that hasn't had a winning season since 2002.

Archived