PITTSBURGH ROADTRIP

De-Jet-Erate/Duane

3 hours ago, Snell41 said:

I actually found them overrated, but still something you have to do just to say you did it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We may try it just because it's a thing... But literally nothing about that looks appealing.  Reminiscent of when I was 5 and would put popcorn and pretzels on a slice of pizza at a birthday party.

21 hours ago, De-Jet-Erate/Duane said:

Is anybody making the trip to Heinz Field this weekend? I am going but have never been before. Looking for other Jet fans or suggestions for tailgating. We are staying across the river and riding the ferry to the game.

I'm not to worried about finding good night life Saturday but lost for tailgate plans Sunday. Don't need a half page of why waste your time yada yada yada and etc.                                            Any and all help is greatly appreciated so thanks in advance!

GO JETS!!

I'll be there! But I won Joe's raffle and will be tailgating on a yacht (ooh lala) But Eric and I are looking to party Saturday night too -let us know!

1 hour ago, gEYno said:

We may try it just because it's a thing... But literally nothing about that looks appealing.  Reminiscent of when I was 5 and would put popcorn and pretzels on a slice of pizza at a birthday party.

I am planning to go there too, mainly so when I get home I can say yes when everyone asks if I did and how it was.

I am planning to go there too, mainly so when I get home I can say yes when everyone asks if I did and how it was.

Quality of the meat is ok, cole slaw is pretty good. They will look at you like you have 3 heads if you ask for your sandwich without slaw on it and possibly even **** up the order on purpose. My buddy asked for steak sans slaw. After 5 minutes of constant question and berating he found out he got a Fish sandwich with ketchup when we got to the stadium I kid you not. And pretty sure it was on purpose. There's also a long line, get there early before they open and wait in the line.

Two things:

Steelers fans are something else.  About 1/3 people here is wearing gear on a Saturday.  Haven't seen that anywhere else.

I gave Primanti Bros a shot, for the same reason as Duane.  It was terrible.  Meat was blah, fries were soggy, slaw was tasteless.  

Bonus third: Pamela's Diner is very good.  

10 minutes ago, gEYno said:

Two things:

Steelers fans are something else.  About 1/3 people here is wearing gear on a Saturday.  Haven't seen that anywhere else.

I gave Primanti Bros a shot, for the same reason as Duane.  It was terrible.  Meat was blah, fries were soggy, slaw was tasteless.  

At Jerome Bettis's bar across the street from the stadium.  Having a beer with JoeC36 and Joe 124. Lots of Steelers fans in steeler gear. Great spot right on the river. Beautiful sun set & cold beer

1 hour ago, De-Jet-Erate/Duane said:

At Jerome Bettis's bar across the street from the stadium.  Having a beer with JoeC36 and Joe 124. Lots of Steelers fans in steeler gear. Great spot right on the river. Beautiful sun set & cold beer

Enjoy the night and the trip. Take some pics and post here if you can. I hope we shock them and win tomorrow. 

2 minutes ago, De-Jet-Erate/Duane said:

Thanks! Now at the Original Primanti Bros with Courtney and Eric.  See what all the fuss is about.. Let you know if the sandwich is good.

J E T S Jets Jets Jets! 

Thanks Duane. Keep updates coming. Say Hi to the ones with you. Like I said, this board has the ability to post pictures right from your phone. Especially tomorrow, post some pictures if you can. 

On Friday, October 07, 2016 at 11:26 AM, Snell41 said:

I actually found them overrated, but still something you have to do just to say you did it.

The sandwich was good. Not great. A little dry. Could only get it well done.. The good news we are now waiting for the kielbasa and cheese to split for desert. And another round of Iron City Beer.

12 hours ago, gEYno said:

Two things:

Pittsburgh is a great town. They will all be over at Grandma's house watching the game this afternoon.  I didn't know about Tako, but when I tried Primanti the line was ridiculous so I just got it in the Stadium. I will concur, more hype than substance. It was stadium food though. 

1 hour ago, De-Jet-Erate/Duane said:

Heinz feild at sunset. Taken from Bettis' bar.

20161008_190134.jpg

Nice Duane! bring us home a win! I'll be at the Rams game, my only appearance at met life this year. you going to be there?

Archived