NFL viewership is down

Jetster

4 hours ago, sirlancemehlot said:

Supporting cancer awareness is not a political stance. Many people support the police and even among those who don't, they support showing respect for the anthem. There is nothing divisive about wearing pink gloves. Sitting for the anthem is a purposeful political statement. No different from burning a flag or chanting Eff the police.
I'm not interested in Kap's opinion in this matter. Religion and politics are banned from this site for a reason. They bring out the worst in people. Cancer awareness is purely positive. Many a fine party has been ruined by the opinionated bible thumper/vocal athiest or far left/right political arguments. This nonsense falls right in line with that. You and I will simply have to civilly disagree because our perspectives are simply too far apart on the matter. It's nothing personal I assure you.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Kaep stating what is happening within communities he cares about isn't political, only to those who make it political in order to ignore see it that way. It's easy to see because Kaep isn't getting any political gain from it....but instead hate and people trying to confuse what he's doing by making it political, about the flag and veterans. 

The sh*t is sad really, shedding light on what's happening is suddenly something that brings out the worst in people. I wonder why. 

I didn't see Kaep burn a flag or say eff the police....so what are you talking about? I'll leave it there since this is a topic you're forcing to be political. 

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Kaep stating what is happening within communities he cares about isn't political, only to those who make it political in order to ignore see it that way. It's easy to see because Kaep isn't getting any political gain from it....but instead hate and people trying to confuse what he's doing by making it political, about the flag and veterans. 
The sh*t is sad really, shedding light on what's happening is suddenly something that brings out the worst in people. I wonder why. 

I'll leave it there since this is a topic you're forcing to be political. 

It means something different to different people Villain. By ignoring those who are insulted you basically state that their opinions are invalid. We all have the right to our opinions. We all have different perspectives. I try to understand the views of others even if I disagree. And I prefer to avoid activities that could be construed as disrespectful by those that carry an opposing point of view. Because I'm fairly familiar with your views on certain subjects, I can appreciate that they're genuine and respect you for your defending them. If people find Kap distasteful or disrespectful, it's because their views are different than yours based on their history experience and pints of view. To disregard their opinions wholesale is to marginalize an entire group of people because you don't value their opinions. There are many players who are disgusted by Kap's actions. Former military, those with police officers in their families...and they are from varied races religions and backgrounds. Their opinions matter too. And so do the opinions of millions of fans who tune in to watch a sporting event without being subject to protests.

5 minutes ago, sirlancemehlot said:

It means something different to different people Villain. By ignoring those who are insulted you basically state that their opinions are invalid. We all have the right to our opinions. We all have different perspectives. I try to understand the views of others even if I disagree. And I prefer to avoid activities that could be construed as disrespectful by those that carry an opposing point of view. Because I'm fairly familiar with your views on certain subjects, I can appreciate that they're genuine and respect you for your defending them. If people find Kap distasteful or disrespectful, it's because their views are different than yours based on their history experience and pints of view. To disregard their opinions wholesale is to marginalize an entire group of people because you don't value their opinions. There are many players who are disgusted by Kap's actions. Former military, those with police officers in their families...and they are from varied races religions and backgrounds. Their opinions matter too. And so do the opinions of millions of fans who tune in to watch a sporting event without being subject to protests.

I didn't ignore your position, I seen clear as day that you twice tried to associate this with politics when it isn't political.

Honestly, I don't need to argue about this, I know that at the end of the day Kaep is wasting his time. All he's doing is interrupting people's entertainment. Maybe he should clearly understand what he's dealing with. 

I didn't ignore his position, I seen clear as day that he twice tried to associate this with politics when it isn't political.
Honestly, I don't need to argue about this, I know that at the end of the day Kaep is wasting his time. All he's doing is interrupting people's entertainment. Maybe he should clearly understand what he's dealing with. 

Politics is more than simply democrats versus republicans. It's public opinion. It's challenging belief systems. When you sit or kneel during the country's national anthem it's a political statement. Otherwise why choose the anthem as your vehicle to make a point? People are turning off the NFL because of those protests. That was the point made earlier in the thread. Those who disagree find themselves becoming disillusioned with the brand for this and many other reasons. The point was a valid one. Passion can come at the cost of reason. Best to remain reasonable I think. I have no hard feelings. Just a different opinion

Just now, sirlancemehlot said:

Politics is more than simply democrats versus republicans. It's public opinion. It's challenging belief systems. When you sit or kneel during the country's national anthem it's a political statement. Otherwise why choose the anthem as your vehicle to make a point? People are turning off the NFL because of those protests. That was the point made earlier in the thread. Those who disagree find themselves becoming disillusioned with the brand for this and many other reasons. The point was a valid one. Passion can come at the cost of reason. Best to remain reasonable I think. I have no hard feelings. Just a different opinion

You're turning this political. 

I'll bow out here instead of getting the thread locked. I said my peace pages ago. 

Fair enough? Pulling politics into the convo kills the conversation. That only benefits those who don't care for the topic.
Nothing fair about that tactic. 

Fair enough means I understand why you want to stop the conversation. You're not conceding defeat, just choosing to disengage. That's fair. I'll do the same. I asked for reason and that seems reasonable. Nothing more.

3 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

Fair enough? Repeatedly pulling politics into the convo kills the conversation. That only benefits those who don't care for the topic.

Nothing fair about that tactic. 

Agreed.

Did we decide why NFL viewership is down?  I believe it's oversaturation and too many have-nots in the passing game.

SAR I

5 minutes ago, sirlancemehlot said:

Fair enough means I understand why you want to stop the conversation. You're not conceding defeat, just choosing to disengage. That's fair. I'll do the same. I asked for reason and that seems reasonable. Nothing more.

I didn't want to stop the conversation, it's you continuously associating it with politics instead of the reason behind the action. You keep touching on how it can be taken as political instead of taking it as what the man himself said. 

That's the problem. This situation isn't a political one, however your responses are continuously political...effectively killing the conversation because we both know what happens when politics are involved. 

Maybe us humans can one day graduate from that and actually deal with issues presented. 

I'll see a jets Superbowl before that ever happens lol. Look, it's all good. I originally wanted to clarify that the man wasn't disrespecting the flag or veterans. He was just using his platform to shed light on something going on that's wrong. 

Instead, everything but the issue is being discussed. It's typical. Not ur fault or mine. That's the order of things

I didn't want to stop the conversation, it's you continuously associating it with politics instead of the reason behind the action. You keep touching on how it can be taken as political instead of taking it as what the man himself said. 
That's the problem. This situation isn't a political one, however your responses are continuously political...effectively killing the conversation because we both know what happens when politics are involved. 
Maybe us humans can one day graduate from that and actually deal with issues presented. 
I'll see a jets Superbowl before that ever happens lol. Look, it's all good. I originally wanted to clarify that the man wasn't disrespecting the flag or veterans. He was just using his platform to shed light on something going on that's wrong. 
Instead, everything but the issue is being discussed. It's typical. Not ur fault or mine. That's the order of things

I think we define political a bit differently. The protest is meant to bring about social change. That's done through legislation and through grass roots movements. Both are political. Threads get closed based on a very different type of political argument. Which I won't bring up for fear this turns into a Trump/Hillary debacle. I want no part of that. It's a discussion on protest and what it means to different people. I think we can do that without mudslinging. We've butted heads before without getting personal or insulting. Hopefully others can do the same.

25 minutes ago, sirlancemehlot said:

I think we define political a bit differently. The protest is meant to bring about social change. That's done through legislation and through grass roots movements. Both are political. Threads get closed based on a very different type of political argument. Which I won't bring up for fear this turns into a Trump/Hillary debacle. I want no part of that. It's a discussion on protest and what it means to different people. I think we can do that without mudslinging. We've butted heads before without getting personal or insulting. Hopefully others can do the same.

I don't think the protest was to bring about social change the way you describe. I think it was about what he said it was about...which was shedding light on what's happening to people in these neighborhoods, how it's wrong and how it needs to stop. 

I really hope that people lives do not hang in the balance based on legislation and grass roots movements. Do we really need social change on the political level before people stop losing their lives?

I doubt Kaep had those two things in mind when he took a knee. 

Archived