Move Pryor to ILB?

Gas2No99

18 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I despise Rex, but this is true. Idzik called Rex from the road and pushed Pryor on him.

All of those drafts just kind of meld into one for me. From bit gushing about how much of a steal Kyle Wilson was to Gato yelling at all of us that we were dumb to be disappointed with the Coples pick to Rex lecturing everyone on how we drafted Jack Tatum...just this zany cauldron of brainless wtf for 6 years. You look at how talentless this current team is and sometimes I think we deserve it.

3 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

All of those drafts just kind of meld into one for me. From bit gushing about how much of a steal Kyle Wilson was to Gato yelling at all of us that we were dumb to be disappointed with the Coples pick to Rex lecturing everyone on how we drafted Jack Tatum...just this zany cauldron of brainless wtf for 6 years. You look at how talentless this current team is and sometimes I think we deserve it.

My boss, who's a semi-engaged Jets fan, asked me why the Jets have sucked for so long and it was one of the most painful self-examinations I've ever gone through because 1. I was in denial about the consistency of the sucking and 2. The only answer that made sense was that there's gross, incorrectable institutional failures that cannot be remedied even with mass regime change.

Just now, T0mShane said:

My boss, who's a semi-engaged Jets fan, asked me why the Jets have sucked for so long and it was one of the most painful self-examinations I've ever gone through because 1. I was in denial about the consistency of the sucking and 2. The only answer that made sense was that there's gross, incorrectable institutional failures that cannot be remedied even with mass regime change.

I used to agree with this, but the thing is Woody went about this most recent hiring process the exact right way. He stayed away and let guys who knew what they were doing make all the decisions. And yet, here we are, back in the same position they've been in a billion times.

And here is the best part, the narrative is now going to be that Macaggnan gets to stay because he didn't get to pick his coach. Bowles might very well be toast, but we're in for at least another 2 seasons of this after the fact.

8 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

1 minute ago, RutgersJetFan said:

I used to agree with this, but the thing is Woody went about this most recent hiring process the exact right way. He stayed away and let guys who knew what they were doing make all the decisions. And yet, here we are, back in the same position they've been in a billion times.

And here is the best part, the narrative is now going to be that Macaggnan gets to stay because he didn't get to pick his coach. Bowles might very well be toast, but we're in for at least another 2 seasons of this after the fact.

Ok. Shane and Rutgers are off the New Years Eve party invite list. 

2 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

My ultimate conclusion was that nobody of any credibility wants to work for Woody Johnson. Even with the Wolf/Casserly consult, they ended up hiring Maccagnan based solely on Casserly's affection for him. In fact, the anonymous quote one of the beats produced about Maccagnan seems prophetic now--that he was a decent scout, but the GM job would be too big for him. I know that Woody bringing in the old hands to do the interviews was a smart move, but I think the water was already poisoned by then.

12 hours ago, T0mShane said:

My ultimate conclusion was that nobody of any credibility wants to work for Woody Johnson. Even with the Wolf/Casserly consult, they ended up hiring Maccagnan based solely on Casserly's affection for him. In fact, the anonymous quote one of the beats produced about Maccagnan seems prophetic now--that he was a decent scout, but the GM job would be too big for him. I know that Woody bringing in the old hands to do the interviews was a smart move, but I think the water was already poisoned by then.

Nice post, and I agree.  Even a Woody skeptic like me was happy for the procedure he put in place after firing Idzik and Rex.  But the problem was deeper than what could be reasonably achievable at that point might fix.  The one constant in the run of bad luck and bad decisions over now in excess of ten years is Johnson.  I don't see how it is possible to fail to recognize that.  It's not opinion.  It's a fact.

Archived