Vikings Players Go Rogue

CrazyCarl40

1 minute ago, SAR I said:

It's time we recognize what this is:  Union interference at its finest.

When I was a kid I worked for a large department store chain, was a department manager in one of their stores that was run by a union.  Not all their stores were, but this one was.  And the kind of lazy, unmotivated, negative, no-urgency stuff you see out of NFL locker rooms is exactly what I experienced back then.  We'd have a busy sales day, clothes on the floor, associates were on the registers, as an executive I'd supervise the floor but if I wanted to pick those clothes up off the floor and hang them up I'd get reported on by the register associates, they'd narc me to their union officials, written warnings, the works.  Like cleaning up the floor so a customer doesn't get hurt or so all of us-  union or not-  could make a bonus was a crime.

When people have a union telling them their managers are the enemy, when they make rules that aren't good for business, they create a culture that is toxic and puts priorities in the wrong place.  Look at the NFL with the too low or too high salaries, the contract issues, the ridiculous practice limitations, each player trying to create a "brand", disrespect for rules, 'look at me' Tweets, it's got to end.  Or the sport will.  I mean that.  These players are this close to losing me.

SAR I

OMG YES. Moar plz. Daddy needs a fix.

23 minutes ago, SAR I said:

It's time we recognize what this is:  Union interference at its finest.

When I was a kid I worked for a large department store chain, was a department manager in one of their stores that was run by a union.  Not all their stores were, but this one was.  And the kind of lazy, unmotivated, negative, no-urgency stuff you see out of NFL locker rooms is exactly what I experienced back then.  We'd have a busy sales day, clothes on the floor, associates were on the registers, as an executive I'd supervise the floor but if I wanted to pick those clothes up off the floor and hang them up I'd get reported on by the register associates, they'd narc me to their union officials, written warnings, the works.  Like cleaning up the floor so a customer doesn't get hurt or so all of us-  union or not-  could make a bonus was a crime.

When people have a union telling them their managers are the enemy, when they make rules that aren't good for business, they create a culture that is toxic and puts priorities in the wrong place.  Look at the NFL with the too low or too high salaries, the contract issues, the ridiculous practice limitations, each player trying to create a "brand", disrespect for rules, 'look at me' Tweets, it's got to end.  Or the sport will.  I mean that.  These players are this close to losing me.

SAR I

NFLPA ?? Maybe but not really a Union per se.

More likely the

Concussion protocols

Protected cheaters

Rules changes making a QB driven league

Greater % of corporate types in the stands there for the networking possibilities and client entertainment 

The whole shebang has been morphed into a night at the opera vs 60's - 80's gladiator blood lust at the Coliseum.

Archived